The Mission Marketing Group acquires Balloon Dog for £3.2m
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 October 2012 10:35AM
The Mission Marketing Group has acquired direct marketing agency, Balloon Dog for £3.2 million.
The Norwich-based agency becomes Mission Marketing's ninth brand following its acquisition of Addiction Worldwide last month.
Balloon Dog, which was founded in 2008 and clients include Aviva, Barclays and Pret a Manger, will retain its 80 staff. The agency's management team that comprises of chief executive James Clifton, creative managing partner, Cordell Burke, strategic managing partner, Greig McCallum, commercial managing partner, Sian Potter and financial managing partner, Ashley Bliss, will remain in place. Clifton will also join Mission’s board.
According to reports filed at Companies House, Balloon Dog Ltd did not trade in the year ending 2011, which is the same year chairman Chris Murphy resigned. He has since joined Christians Against Poverty as centre manager.
However, Balloon Dog's parent company Friars 573 Ltd, which has been acquired The Mission Markteting Group, revealed a turnover of £6.3 million and pre-tax profit of £0.7 million in the year ended 31 December 2011.
Clifton said: "Balloon Dog has enjoyed an excellent four years and we are looking forward to continued growth within the Mission Marketing family. The Group’s model fits us perfectly as we are a strong entity in our own right, and can benefit from working with a likeminded network of agencies."
Chairman of the Mission Marketing Group, David Morgan, added: "Balloon Dog is an exciting, profitable business and fits perfectly into our portfolio of agencies. We look forward to driving Balloon Dog’s growth through our national footprint and shared knowledge."
Balloon Dog was set up in 1997 as Fox Murphy and relaunched in 2008 as Balloon Dog.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Agency Account Executive - truly exciting multi-solution sell Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, West End
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Ecommerce Content Manager - Travel brand - £40K + bonus Salt £38000 - £42000 per annum, London
- SEO/Social Media Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £23-28k + Benefits, Manchester
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy