Daily Diary - pulp fiction?
campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 05 November 2012 08:00AM
Getting ready for a pitch can be nerve racking for even the most experienced of people, as demonstrated by MPG's head of insight, Bill Dorris.
While taking part in pitch rehearsal being filmed just before the big event, Dorris decided to boost his vitamin C levels with a fresh Pret a Manger Orange Juice.
Despite a warning from his colleague, one rigorous hand shake too many saw the contents of the drink completely soak colleague and insight manager, Doug Whelpdale, his jumper and very expensive watch.
Whelpdale was assured the episode wasn't a stunt and was really an accident.
Unfortunately, the pitch wasn’t for an orange juice brand because otherwise we're sure Whelpdale’s insight would have been very appealing.
If you have a daily diary story please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Retail Marketing Manager, up to £60K Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £60000 per annum, Benefits: Great benefits inc £5K bonus potential, London
- Market Insight Manager, EDUCATION Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £36000 per annum, South East
- Consumer Marketing Assistant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Trade Marketing Manager-MAT.COVER, Travel, £40-45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £44000 per annum, Surrey
- Marketing Communications Exec, Luxury Travel, £26k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £26000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood