Daily Diary - pulp fiction?
campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 05 November 2012 08:00AM
Getting ready for a pitch can be nerve racking for even the most experienced of people, as demonstrated by MPG's head of insight, Bill Dorris.
While taking part in pitch rehearsal being filmed just before the big event, Dorris decided to boost his vitamin C levels with a fresh Pret a Manger Orange Juice.
Despite a warning from his colleague, one rigorous hand shake too many saw the contents of the drink completely soak colleague and insight manager, Doug Whelpdale, his jumper and very expensive watch.
Whelpdale was assured the episode wasn't a stunt and was really an accident.
Unfortunately, the pitch wasn’t for an orange juice brand because otherwise we're sure Whelpdale’s insight would have been very appealing.
If you have a daily diary story please email email@example.com
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Account Manager Reuben Sinclair £36-40k + £10k (company Profit Share), Covent Garden
- Junior Managing Director - Branded Content and Experiential Agency Bamboo Crowd £80000 - £90000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review