Currys PC World unveils festive idents
Currys PC World is running idents featuring a man turning into a knight in shining armour after giving his wife a present bought from the retailer.
The creative, by M&C Saatchi, is supported by a ‘Look Good this Christmas’ strapline and forms part of the retailer’s sponsorship of entertainment on Sky.
The idents are set to the tune of ‘Jingle Bells’ and have been designed to drive home the message that buying Christmas presents from Currys PC World will make the giver look great in the eyes of the recipient.
Elspeth Lynn, executive creative director at M&C Saatchi, said: "These spots encapsulate the brand personality and the insight that everyone wants to be the hero and find the perfect gift that makes them look good, not just make the recipient happy."
The idents have been shot in a cinematic style rather than the animated style the retailer is currently running as part of its Christmas ad campaign.
Another 10-second spot sees a woman handing her friend a set of headphones, before morphing into a "warrior princess".
The idents will air from tomorrow (27 November) and will run through Christmas. The deal was brokered by media agency Walker Media.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager | Up to 32k Dynamic New Alliances Up to £32K Plus Benefits Package , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Rising Star! Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, North East England / North West England
- Trade Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Imperial War Museum releases film announcing WWI exhibition
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
- Starcom MediaVest Group to move to Turnmills
- Guardian News & Media reduces losses by 27% to £19.4m
- Guardian plotting English language launch in India