MediaCom scoops £2m Harper Collins account
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 05 December 2012 10:41AM
MediaCom has been appointed to the £2m media planning and buying account for News Corporation-owned book publisher Harper Collins.
The incumbent on the account was Walker Media, which had worked for the publisher since 2009. Prior to that, OMD handled the account.
It is understood that Harper Collins aims to expand on its digital strategy for its literary marketing campaigns and ramp up its social media spend.
This week, Robert Thomson was named as the head of the demerged publishing business soon to be formed at News Corp, which will include Harper Collins in its portfolio.
The book publisher is currently promoting its recent release ‘Cheryl: My Story’, an authorised biography of the pop singer and L’Oreal ambassador Cheryl Cole’s life.
Harper Collins publishes a range of fiction, business, cookbooks, romance, history, children’s books and audio books. In October it was announced that Harper Collins was partnering with actor Jonny Depp to create a new book imprint.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Brand Manager FMCG Connect £28,000 - £31,000 plus benefits, West Yorkshire
- Strategist - Brand Consultancy Ann Sharman Recruitment £35,000 - £45,000 + bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager - West Sussex - up to £50K Salt £45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, West Malling
- Employee Engagement Director Stopgap £60000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £30k - £36k, London (Greater)
- The man who made Grey matter
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media
- MediaCom's Lisa Humphreys flies flag for media in '35 women under 35' list
- Asda brings back 'pocket tap' and adopts Walmart strap line in TV ad