Batten moves to Wunderman UK
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 December 2012 08:00AM
Wunderman has boosted its UK agency with the appointment of Matt Batten to the new position of chief creative officer.
Batten takes the most senior creative role at the agency just a month after the arrival of the new chief executive, Mel Cruickshank.
David Harris, the executive creative director, will report to Batten, who will oversee the creative teams across Wunderman London, Blast Radius, Burrows and KBM Group.
Batten joins the agency on 10 December from Wunderman Australia, where he was the executive creative director. He will report to Cruickshank and Wolfgang Haf, Wunderman’s chief marketing officer for Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
His focus will be on developing creative for new and existing clients at both regional and local levels, as well as collaboration within the global Wunderman network.
Batten has been the creative chief at Wunderman Australia since 2008. Before that, he was the group creative director at Saatchi & Saatchi.
Cruickshank said: "Matt has earned a global reputation for being an uncompromising champion for great creativity. His experience, knowledge of digital creativity and never-ending drive will help make our creative reputation stronger than ever."
Wunderman’s chairman and chief executive, Daniel Morel, said: "Matt brings to his new clients in London a global perspective and fresh ideas that they require to do business successfully. Matt knows that creativity is business-critical across the spectrum and he’ll demonstrate it to our clients and colleagues alike."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Comms Manager - Leading Alcohol Brand at Top Media Agency Ultimate Asset £35000 per annum + great benefits package, London
- Head of Design Network Career Consultants £50000 - £58000 per annum, Manchester
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned