Lenovo hires We Are Social for global social media account
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 December 2012 09:14AM
Lenovo, the Chinese technology manufacturer, has appointed We Are Social as its first global social media agency of record.
We Are Social will manage Lenovo’s social media activity from its New York and Singapore offices. It won the business after a four-way competitive pitch.
The brief includes creating content, measurement, product launches and crisis management.
Lenovo previously looked after its social media in house.
Rod Strother, director, digital and social centre of excellence at Lenovo, said the hire is part of Lenovo’s strategy to be "the most talked about personal technology brand".
Lenovo recently overtook Hewlett-Packard to become the world’s number one PC maker, in terms of shipments made.
In the past couple of years Lenovo has embarked on a strategy designed to help it to become a well-known consumer brand and it rolled out a global campaign by Saatchi & Saatchi in June last year.
Its most recent campaign was shot by the James Bond director Martin Campbell on behalf of Saatchi & Saatchi New York.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- ACCOUNT / PROJECT DIRECTOR- AGENCY - SPANISH SPEAKER Live Recruitment Negotiable, London
- Project Manager - Programme Management Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited Ã‚£38000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- HR Analyst - Financial Services - 6 month initial contract Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited Ã‚£30000 - Ã‚£35000 per annum + 6 month pro rata salary , London
- Lead Project Manager - Programme Management Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited Ã‚£50000 per annum + great benefits, London
- Digital Analytics Consultant Salt Ã‚£150 - Ã‚£200 per day, City of London
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- King backs new Candy Crush game with global ad push
- Campaign Viral Chart: Sainsbury's Christmas ad tops the table
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton