Microsoft launches 'biggest ever' interactive digital outdoor campaign for Windows Phone
Microsoft has installed interactive digital outdoor sites in shopping malls around the UK, which allow people to design personalised start screens for Windows Phones.
The designs will be used as the creative for a wider ad campaign.
From today, people walking past the 24 interactive screens in shopping centres and cinemas across the country will be able to use Windows templates to design personalised start screens that feature their photographs and first names.
The personalised Windows start screens will then be used in a national digital outdoor campaign on screens in rail stations as well as big sites such as those at Birmingham New Street, Manchester Hacienda and Westfield London.
The two-week ad campaign has been planned and bought by UM London with its sister outdoor agency Rapport. New personalised creative designs will be distributed every 30 minutes.
Digital outdoor production company Grand Visual has produced the campaign and built the technology behind it and the user generated content is being distributed nationally with regional targeting through its OpenLoop platform.
Global Microsoft creative work by Wunderman was adapted by Beattie McGuiness Bungay for the digital outdoor campaign, which a spokeswoman for UM London said is the "biggest ever" interactive digital outdoor campaign in terms of scale and ambition.
Diane Perlman, marketing communications lead, Windows Phone UK, said: "This idea had the wow factor right from the start and I’m thrilled to see it coming to life in cinemas and shopping centres across the UK.
"With this innovation, we are enabling consumers to get involved in our campaign, become ‘famous’ and see first-hand how Windows Phone is unique to each one of us. The result is slick, easy to use and fun to interact with, just like Windows Phone."
Last month Microsoft kicked off its UK marketing activity for its new Windows 8 operating system by installing a giant slide in the Bluewater shopping centre in Kent in a bid to present Windows 8 as "fast and fun".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Director - specialist integrated agency JEFFERSON £60-75k plus benefits dependent on experience, Based just outside Kingston Upon Thames
- Director Business Development - TRAVEL- HOTELS Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, City of London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers