Shelter launches online video about homeless children at Christmas
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 12 December 2012 03:11PM
Shelter, the housing and homelessness charity, has launched a digital campaign to raise awareness about the fact that there will be 75,000 children homeless in Britain on Christmas Day.
The charity has unveiled a video, created by Dare, which shows a mother and son who are forced to leave their home when the bailiffs come. The spot ends with the boy lying in a cold, dark room in temporary accommodation, to reinforce the point that homelessness does not mean people living on the streets.
The video, which breaks today, has been posted on YouTube, 4oD and ITV Player.
Campbell Robb, chief executive of Shelter, said: "It’s easy to think of homelessness as single people sleeping rough.
"What people don’t often consider is the rising numbers of families who, through no fault of their own, have lost their home and have no permanent roof over their heads. For people with children, ‘sofa surfing’ with friends and family often just isn’t a realistic option."
The film will be promoted on Twitter.
The creatives working on the campaign were Dipesh Mistry and Rob Graves-Morris. The production company was Mustard and the director was Ben Liam Jones.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Executive or Marketing Manager air recruitment £28k-£35k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- B2B Lead Generation Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Out of Home Sales - Huge digital potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £75000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Planning Manager - Unique Opportunity! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, London
- Comms Manager - Top 5 global media agency - GAMING ACCOUNT Ultimate Asset £4000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign