Minimart launches interactive vending machine for Tropical Sun
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 13 December 2012 09:07AM
Independent advertising agency, The Minimart, is launching an interactive campaign for the Caribbean food brand Tropical Sun.
The agency will launch an interactive campaign and at the heart of it will be a branded vending machine, located on a real Caribbean beach, waiting for UK consumers to "activate" it from the comfort of their homes.
According to The Minimart, a live feed webcam will allow people to view the nine Tropical Sun products on offer in the machine, and use their one free credit to pick their favourite.
They can then watch in real-time as their selection is activated in the machine and a Tropical Sun employee (called Ray) collects, packs up and posts it for the lucky customer to enjoy.
The vending machine is refilled each day at 09.30am (EST 4.30am) and for those who are not quick enough to get there before the machine runs out of product, Tropical Sun are offering a voucher redeemable in Sainsbury's and more than 20,000 Independent stores.
Tim Clyde, founding creative partner of The Minimart, said: "The online vending machine provides us with a powerful communications tool to establish a strong brand personality and introduce the fantastic range of products to new customers in a cost-effective way, all with social media at the heart of the idea."
Kapil Wadhwani, brand chieftain at Tropical Sun Foods, said: "When The Minimart presented this ambitious idea to us, we instantly felt it captured the essence of the brand personality and allowed us to communicate in a fun and innovative way to a targeted audience, and reward them for engaging with Tropical Sun."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Comms Acount Director- Leading Beauty FMCG - £55K Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager - SPORTS BRAND - £35K Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager! BRAND LED ACCOUNTS!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Branding up to £39k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £39000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film