The Sun launches sing-along ad campaign
The Sun has launched a quirky TV ad featuring a young child singing to help the nation through the 'most depressing' month of the year.
The campaign, which continues the brand's ‘Get Involved’ strapline, has been created by Grey London and WPP’s Team News to promote The Sun’s ‘Big Smile Giveaway’, a range of promotional bargains including holidays for £9.50.
A 50-second TV spot launched on 1 January is being supported by additional 60-second and 40-second versions, digital outdoor, digital and direct marketing activity.
The ad, which was produced by Rattling Stick and directed by former Fallon executive creative director Andy McLeod, features a young girl who is already fed up with January leading a sing-along.
Grey London’s executive creative director Nils Leonard worked with creative director Dave Monk and copywriter Vicki Maguire on the spot. M/Six was the media agency behind the campaign.
In addition, The Sun Smile Squad will be visiting towns up and down the country purveying random acts of kindness, from paying road toll charges to providing cups of tea from The Sun tea van.
Nick Stringer, director of marketing communications, News International, said: "We needed an idea that could amplify everything that’s great about The Sun, at a time of year when people need a pick-me-up. Grey’s campaign does that perfectly, with a strong look and feel for the quarter and a TV spot that is a call to the British public to ‘get involved’ with the paper’s editorial and its unrivalled promotional schedule."
Nils Leonard, executive creative director, Grey London, said: "Nothing like a singsong to get us through our darkest month. The Sun’s ‘Big Smile Giveaway’ is perfectly fronted by a toothless superstar."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Communications Manager | £45k | London Salt £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Junior Designer become £22-27K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts
- King backs new Candy Crush game with global ad push