Taco Bell unveils first Super Bowl ad since 2010
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 30 January 2013 09:11AM
Taco Bell has launched its first Super Bowl ad in three years, which features elderly friends escaping from their retirement home to go clubbing, get a tattoo and break into a swimming pool before heading to one of the brand's Mexican fast food restaurants for something to eat.
The "viva young" ad by Deutsch LA was directed by Noam Murro from Biscuit Filmworks. The soundtrack uses a Spanish version of the Grammy-nominated song, ‘We Are Young’ by Fun.
Mark Hunter was the chief creative officer on the ad, working with group creative director Brett Craig, senior art director Gordy Sang and senior copywriter Brian Siedband.
As part of the activity Taco Bell will direct consumers to its Facebook page where they can learn about a post-game giveaway for a free churro with any purchase during regular store hours on 4 February.
Taco Bell launched its last ad during the Super Bowl in 2010. The spot featured the retired basketball player Charles Barkley and current basketball player Lamar Odom.
Ahead of the Super Bowl on Sunday the video of the ad was made available to view online on YouTube yesterday.
Brian Niccol, chief marketing and innovation officer, Taco Bell Corp, said: "By releasing ‘viva young’ online before the Super Bowl, we’re rewarding our biggest fans and bringing them inside the brand.
"We want to share the spot with our Team Members, franchisees and online fans first so they’re in the know before Super Bowl Sunday, so we can engage with them in social and digital spaces."Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Project Manager Aspire £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- SEO Technical Specialist Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Surbiton
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot