Agencies line up for PokerStars ad brief
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 February 2013 08:00AM
PokerStars is talking to UK agencies about an advertising brief to promote the online poker site.
Agency sources said that the campaign will promote the PokerStars brand through social media and digital campaigns.
The UK review follows an international ad campaign, featuring the tennis star Rafael Nadal, that broke last year.
PokerStars is thought to want to use social and digital activity to stand out in the crowded online gaming market.
Competitors including Sky Vegas, 32Red and William Hill Vegas currently outspend PokerStars on traditional UK advertising.
Last year, PokerStars acquired its rival Full Tilt Poker in a $731 million deal.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Product Manager Brand Recruitment £30000 per annum + plus benefits, Kings Lynn
- Creative Manager (catalogue) Beyond The Book c.£35000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Mid-Senior Designer AF Selection £30,000 - £35,000, Liverpool, Merseyside
- Digital Exec - Award winning Independent Agency Aspire £24000.00 - £28000.00 per annum, London
- Marketing Project Manager - direct mail and eDM become £35k-£50k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- 7 things Proximity has learned in the new Omnicom building