Macmillan unveils first TV spot by VCCP
VCCP is unveiling its first TV ad campaign today for Macmillan Cancer Support.
The emotive ad is the first by VCCP, since it picked up the business in March last year.
The 60 and 30-second spots, called ‘Not Alone’, feature individuals "hit" by cancer and falling. Before they hit the ground they are caught by the people around them.
It aims to underline that with the support of Macmillan and the public, no one has to face cancer alone.
The TV ad will be aired for the first time during 'Loose Women' on ITV today. It will be followed by radio and online activity and will be supported by a media report and integrated PR activity.
Barney Cokeliss directed the spot. The copywriter was Katie Welch and the art director was Neil Shanlin. RSA was the production company and media planning and buying was handled by PHD and Vizeum.
Hilary Cross, director of external affairs, Macmillan Cancer Support said: "Our Not Alone campaign, developed with VCCP, marks a critical turning point in Macmillan’s brand advertising. Never before have we communicated what we do and why we need support with such power.
"As the number of people living with cancer is set to double from two to four million by 2030 we need to inspire the public to support people with cancer so that no one ever has to face it alone."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Media Consultant Silverdrum £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + uncapped commission, London (Greater)
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show