Halfords appoints Mother to £12m advertising account
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 11 February 2013 03:24PM
Halfords, the cycling and car accessories retailer, has appointed Mother to handle its £12m advertising account.
The agency won the business following a pitch against CheethambellJWT and M&C Saatchi.
Mother’s capture of the business follows the decision to call a pitch last month. The incumbent agency DLKW Lowe, which created last year’s "best trips last a lifetime" campaign, decided not to repitch.
Paul McClenaghan, the Halfords group commercial director, said. "We have started on a journey to reposition Halfords as a provider of expert help and services. Working with Mother is yet another important step towards this transformation.
"Our aim in the agency pitch process was to find a partner who can bring our new proposition alive for customers. We are impressed by Mother's inspirational ideas for this next important step in the evolution of Halfords brand."
Sara Tate, the head of brand and new business at Mother, said. "The Mother Team has been greatly impressed by the ambition and desire of Halfords to transform their brand and business. They are enthusiastic and great to work with. We are looking forward to going on a great journey with them."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content and Channel Management Executive Barclay Meade £36000 per annum + Benefits, Reading
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure