Halfords appoints Mother to £12m advertising account
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 11 February 2013 03:24PM
Halfords, the cycling and car accessories retailer, has appointed Mother to handle its £12m advertising account.
The agency won the business following a pitch against CheethambellJWT and M&C Saatchi.
Mother’s capture of the business follows the decision to call a pitch last month. The incumbent agency DLKW Lowe, which created last year’s "best trips last a lifetime" campaign, decided not to repitch.
Paul McClenaghan, the Halfords group commercial director, said. "We have started on a journey to reposition Halfords as a provider of expert help and services. Working with Mother is yet another important step towards this transformation.
"Our aim in the agency pitch process was to find a partner who can bring our new proposition alive for customers. We are impressed by Mother's inspirational ideas for this next important step in the evolution of Halfords brand."
Sara Tate, the head of brand and new business at Mother, said. "The Mother Team has been greatly impressed by the ambition and desire of Halfords to transform their brand and business. They are enthusiastic and great to work with. We are looking forward to going on a great journey with them."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Project Manager Red Sofa London £35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits, West London
- PR Account Executive Brand Recruitment £22000 - £24000 per annum + dependent on skills and experience , Milton Keynes
- Research Director - Consumer Goods PSD Group c. £70K + package, London
- Product and Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £22000 - £24000 per annum, Hertford
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency