BETC London wins global ad account for Bacardi
BETC London has picked up the global advertising account for the rum brand Bacardi.
The agency won the business following a five-month long competitive pitch against undisclosed agencies. The business moves from Johannes Leonardo, with which Bacardi parted company last September.
The £5m UK advertising account, handled by Brothers and Sisters, is not affected by the appointment nor is Mr President, which has just created a series of global online films to celebrate Bacardi’s 150th anniversary.
The Mr President films, which are being promoted on Facebook and Twitter and Bacardi.com, highlight some of the more colourful episodes from the brand’s history.
The New York-based shop Johannes Leonardo took over the global account in 2011 from the previous incumbent Y&R. The WPP network had worked on the agency since 2005 but the appointment was an attempt to find a boutique shop to oversee the bulk of its activity.
No one at BETC London would comment on the win.
Earlier this month Bacardi appointed Andy Gibson as its chief marketing officer, following the departure of Silvia Lagnado at the end of 2011.
Gibson becomes president of Bacardi Global Brands, and will be responsible for the overall leadership and direction of the company’s portfolio of spirits brands.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Comms Planner-Entertainment Team - £30K Ultimate Asset £30000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Business Consultant Michael Page Digital. Up to £29,000 basic with commission on top , London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager (German Speaking) Purple Consultancy £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £27000 - £35000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith