Game cashes in on horse scandal with mince meat ad
Game, the beleaguered gaming shop, has taken time out from dealing with the aftermath of administration to run a light-hearted ad making fun of the horsemeat scandal.
The press ad, which appeared in The Sun today, has the tagline, "We make mince meat out of anything", in white letters against a dark background.
It is understood that the ad was designed by Game Group’s in-house team.
A spokeswoman for Game said: "Although several of the games sold at Game feature horses ['Red Dead Redemption', 'Assassin’s Creed', 'Darksiders', etc], we have double-checked and none of our products actually contains horsemeat.
"However, we do encourage 100% horsepower when gaming."
Other recent marketing from the retailer includes a partnership with IGN Entertainment for a series of activities, beginning with an offer to play Xbox 360 game 'Gears of War: Judgement' in-store, ahead of its release.
Campaign’s sister magazine Marketing revealed this morning that Game is seeking a marketing director , as the incumbent Anna-Marie Mason prepares to leave the retailer in the coming weeks.
A number of brands have taken advantage of the scandal over horsemeat in products labelled as beef, including Mini in an ad designed by Iris.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Head of Resource Major Players £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Corporate Responsibility Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £55000 - £75000 per annum, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch