VCCP wins £15m European ad account for Avis Budget Group
VCCP has won the £15m pan-European consolidated advertising account for the car rental firm Avis Budget Group following a pitch.
It won the account following a three-way pitch against DLKW Lowe and The Brooklyn Brothers – Joint had withdrawn earlier in the process. The review kicked off last October and was managed through Oystercatchers.
The Avis account moves from McCann Birmingham, while Budget has worked with Atomized Entertainment in the past. Leo Burnett handles Avis’ advertising in the US, which is not affected by the review.
Leo Burnett was responsible for dropping Avis’ renowned, "We try harder" tagline in the US, which had been synonymous with the brand for more than 50 years. It was replaced with, "It’s your space".
VCCP's appointment is not thought to affect Beta's relationship with the group as the pan-European lead digital agency for the Avis and Budget brands.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Marketing Manager - £60K - Fashion - Buckinghams Salt £55000 - £65000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Italian Marketing Executive, Travel, Soho Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: +Bonus & Benefits, London
- Private Bank - Digital Marketing, eCRM Campaign & Marketing Operations Manager - Associate - London J.P.Morgan JPMorgan Chase & Co. offer an exceptional benefits program and highly competitive compensation., Knightsbridge
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'