Creature lands £10m Carling ad task ahead of cider launch
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 21 February 2013 08:00AM
Creature London has picked up the £10 million ad account for Molson Coors' Carling.
The brief comprises above-the-line, digital and social media channels. Creature will also be responsible for the creative that will help launch Molson Coors’ first UK cider brand, Carling British Cider.
Creature won the business after a pitch against the incumbent, VCCP, and Beattie McGuinness Bungay, which had previously held the account. The review was handled by ISBA.
Molson Coors began the review in September last year, 12 months after switching the business from BMB to VCCP.
VCCP’s debut work, "brilliantly refreshing", aimed to reignite the brand’s image as "aspirational" yet accessible, and replaced BMB’s long-running "you know who your mates are" campaign. The soundtrack was Wondrous Place by Alice Gold.
A follow-up TV campaign for the brand’s premium variant, Carling Chrome, focused on a couple getting ready for a night out, accompanied by Get It On by T Rex.
Dan Shute, a managing partner at Creature, said: "Carling is one of those iconic brands that you dream of working on when you get into advertising, so it’s fair to say we’re pretty excited."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER / ACCOUNT DIRECTOR- PERMANENT & CONTRACT ROLES Royds Raphael £40K - £55K / £180-£250+DAY RATE, London
- Head Of Propositions Development Ball & Hoolahan £85,000 p.a, London (Greater)
- Brand Ambassador Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 p.a., South East England
- STRATEGIC ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - CONTRACT & PERMANENT Royds Raphael Salary £60k-£70k - CONTRACT OR PERMANENT, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency Royds Raphael £30k-£37k + neg + great bens!, London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile