Eurostar reignites battle between England and France in new ad
Eurostar is launching a tongue-in-cheek print campaign this weekend, poking fun at past battles between England and France, ahead of Saturday's 6 Nations rugby match between the two countries.
Created by AMV BBDO, the ad features an image of the Emperor Napoleon with a rugby injury, a cauliflower ear.
It features the headline, 'Hostilities renewed. Trafalgar. Waterloo. Twickenham?’, referring to the great battles between the two countries.
The copywriter on the ad was Dave Buchanan, with art direction from Mike Hannett. Arena was the media agency behind the campaign.
The press ad will launch today in time for tomorrow’s match. The ads will run this weekend only in national and London-based press.
Click here to see full ad
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- EVENTS COORDINATOR - AGENCY Live Recruitment COMPETITIVE, Derbyshire
- Paid Search Manager (Chinese market) - London - £45K + benefits Salt £45000 per annum + benefits, London
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Instagram partners with Omnicom to launch ad service in the UK
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- First Direct launches campaign in Downton Abbey slot