Eurostar reignites battle between England and France in new ad
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 22 February 2013 11:55AM
Eurostar is launching a tongue-in-cheek print campaign this weekend, poking fun at past battles between England and France, ahead of Saturday's 6 Nations rugby match between the two countries.
Created by AMV BBDO, the ad features an image of the Emperor Napoleon with a rugby injury, a cauliflower ear.
It features the headline, 'Hostilities renewed. Trafalgar. Waterloo. Twickenham?’, referring to the great battles between the two countries.
The copywriter on the ad was Dave Buchanan, with art direction from Mike Hannett. Arena was the media agency behind the campaign.
The press ad will launch today in time for tomorrow’s match. The ads will run this weekend only in national and London-based press.
Click here to see full ad
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 per annum, London
- Marketing Campaign Specialist Stopgap £50000 - £54000 per annum, London
- Front End Developer, Events, London, £45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: excellent benefits, West London