Eurostar reignites battle between England and France in new ad
Eurostar is launching a tongue-in-cheek print campaign this weekend, poking fun at past battles between England and France, ahead of Saturday's 6 Nations rugby match between the two countries.
Created by AMV BBDO, the ad features an image of the Emperor Napoleon with a rugby injury, a cauliflower ear.
It features the headline, 'Hostilities renewed. Trafalgar. Waterloo. Twickenham?’, referring to the great battles between the two countries.
The copywriter on the ad was Dave Buchanan, with art direction from Mike Hannett. Arena was the media agency behind the campaign.
The press ad will launch today in time for tomorrow’s match. The ads will run this weekend only in national and London-based press.
Click here to see full ad
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager -(10 Month FTC) - Global Publishing House Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package, Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Senior Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Birmingham
- Creative Artworker Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Northamptonshire
- Account Director - Retail to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition