Thorpe Park appoints AnalogFolk
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 05 March 2013 12:09PM
Thorpe Park, the amusement park owned by Merlin Entertainments, has appointed AnalogFolk to handle a spring digital campaign.
AnalogFolk, which won the business following a pitch process, will develop a campaign to promote the UK’s first winged rollercoaster, The Swarm.
Launching in April, the campaign is intended to drive footfall to Thorpe Park and will be seeded by email, blogs and on the Thorpe Park Facebook page, which has more than 600,000 fans.
Jacqueline Lucas, the brand manager at Thorpe Park, said: "Our visitors are always looking for the next big thing, whether that’s in rollercoaster thrills or digital technology, so we’re really excited to be partnering with a team who have a great deal of expertise in this field."
It is the latest of a number of wins for the interactive agency and last month, AnalogFolk appointed Tribal DDB's executive creative director Simon Richings as its ECD.
Bill Brock, the chief executive of AnalogFolk, said: "In recent years, amusement parks have begun to use connected technologies in exciting ways to not only attract new visitors, but to enhance the experience of the park itself.
"We are excited to work with Thorpe Park, whose reputation for pushing the boundaries with their rides and experiences set themselves up to be a leader in this space."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £70,000 + benefits, London
- Planner, Top Direct Marketing/Digital Agency London Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £65,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show