Thorpe Park appoints AnalogFolk
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 05 March 2013 12:09PM
Thorpe Park, the amusement park owned by Merlin Entertainments, has appointed AnalogFolk to handle a spring digital campaign.
AnalogFolk, which won the business following a pitch process, will develop a campaign to promote the UK’s first winged rollercoaster, The Swarm.
Launching in April, the campaign is intended to drive footfall to Thorpe Park and will be seeded by email, blogs and on the Thorpe Park Facebook page, which has more than 600,000 fans.
Jacqueline Lucas, the brand manager at Thorpe Park, said: "Our visitors are always looking for the next big thing, whether that’s in rollercoaster thrills or digital technology, so we’re really excited to be partnering with a team who have a great deal of expertise in this field."
It is the latest of a number of wins for the interactive agency and last month, AnalogFolk appointed Tribal DDB's executive creative director Simon Richings as its ECD.
Bill Brock, the chief executive of AnalogFolk, said: "In recent years, amusement parks have begun to use connected technologies in exciting ways to not only attract new visitors, but to enhance the experience of the park itself.
"We are excited to work with Thorpe Park, whose reputation for pushing the boundaries with their rides and experiences set themselves up to be a leader in this space."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Client Manager - Digital & Technical to £55k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Data & Database Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Digital Insight Manager Brand Recruitment £35000 per annum, Stevenage
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 p/a, South West
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency