WPP confirms merger of OgilvyAction and G2
WPP has confirmed it is going to merge OgilvyAction, its shopper-marketing agency, with its digital agency G2, as reported in Campaign last week.
WPP said in a statement the OgilvyAction and G2 networks would combine to form a joint venture it claims will be the "largest and most geographically complete activation agency in the world".
The integration of people and resources has already begun, but the merged entity will formally launch in May.
Geographically, the two agencies are complementary, and WPP hopes that by combining the two, it will be able to drive their specialist services more strongly in emerging markets.
Last week, an Ogilvy spokeswoman denied discussions about a merger were taking place between G2 and Ogilvy Group.
In a statement, the Ogilvy spokeswoman added: "There are, however, ongoing discussions between G2, Ogilvy and other WPP companies about collaborating in a number of strategic areas."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager - TV Aspire £30000.00 - £38000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- UX Manager Creative Recruitment £64000 - £65000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Design & Production Assistant Creative Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum, Hertfordshire
- Senior Designer Creative Recruitment £30000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Graphic Designer Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, Surrey
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Imperial War Museum releases film announcing WWI exhibition
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
- Starcom MediaVest Group to move to Turnmills
- Guardian News & Media reduces losses by 27% to £19.4m
- Guardian plotting English language launch in India