WPP confirms merger of OgilvyAction and G2
WPP has confirmed it is going to merge OgilvyAction, its shopper-marketing agency, with its digital agency G2, as reported in Campaign last week.
WPP said in a statement the OgilvyAction and G2 networks would combine to form a joint venture it claims will be the "largest and most geographically complete activation agency in the world".
The integration of people and resources has already begun, but the merged entity will formally launch in May.
Geographically, the two agencies are complementary, and WPP hopes that by combining the two, it will be able to drive their specialist services more strongly in emerging markets.
Last week, an Ogilvy spokeswoman denied discussions about a merger were taking place between G2 and Ogilvy Group.
In a statement, the Ogilvy spokeswoman added: "There are, however, ongoing discussions between G2, Ogilvy and other WPP companies about collaborating in a number of strategic areas."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Midweight Designer - Creative Agency - Old Street Twist Recruitment Ã‚£27000.00 - Ã‚£32000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager Cars ! Ready for an immediate start or Jan 2015! Barker Graves £30/38K, central London
- PLANNER - INTEGRATED MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£50000 per annum + Excellent, London
- Senior PR & Comms Officer Stopgap Ã‚£32000 - Ã‚£34700 per annum, Reading
- Senior Account Director - brand, digital and communications - £55-65k Story Recruitment £55-65k plus bonus dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)