Altman out in IPG Mediabrands rejig
Interpublic has promoted Andy Jones, the chief executive of UM London, to the new role of chief executive of IPG Mediabrands in the UK and Ireland.
Further changes will see Alex Altman, the chief executive of Initiative, leave IPG; Anna Watkins, Initiative’s managing director and head of digital, take a wider role at the agency; and Russell Place promoted from chief strategy officer to managing director at UM London.
In his new role, Jones will have responsibility for all of IPG’s media businesses in the UK and Ireland. These include UM, Initiative and the new agency BPN; the barter company Orion; the trading arm Magna Global; the digital companies in Mediabrands Audience Platform; and the outdoor shop Rapport.
The changes mirror IPG’s structure elsewhere and Jim Hytner’s role as the chief executive of IPG Mediabrands G14. Jones said his role was to ensure divisions work together in the "most optimal" way.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Senior Marketing Manager EMR £65000 - £75000 per annum, London
- Account Manager - Exciting new agency opportunity ADLIB Up to c.£25k, Bath
- Planning Director SYLEX Recruitment £65000 - £75000 per annum, London
- Interim National Account Manager - Wholesale and C&C Better Placed Recruitment £Competitive + Car, North West England
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media