Altman out in IPG Mediabrands rejig
Interpublic has promoted Andy Jones, the chief executive of UM London, to the new role of chief executive of IPG Mediabrands in the UK and Ireland.
Further changes will see Alex Altman, the chief executive of Initiative, leave IPG; Anna Watkins, Initiative’s managing director and head of digital, take a wider role at the agency; and Russell Place promoted from chief strategy officer to managing director at UM London.
In his new role, Jones will have responsibility for all of IPG’s media businesses in the UK and Ireland. These include UM, Initiative and the new agency BPN; the barter company Orion; the trading arm Magna Global; the digital companies in Mediabrands Audience Platform; and the outdoor shop Rapport.
The changes mirror IPG’s structure elsewhere and Jim Hytner’s role as the chief executive of IPG Mediabrands G14. Jones said his role was to ensure divisions work together in the "most optimal" way.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Video Sales Account Manager Salt £35 - £45 per annum + Com, City of London
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne