Karmarama wins Clydesdale Bank after marketing reshuffle
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 March 2013 09:27AM
Karmarama has been appointed as the creative agency for Clydesdale Bank, following a competitive pitch.
CheethamBell JWT has worked with the bank on a project basis, but did not pitch for the account.
The review was managed by Oystercatchers and involved a number of undisclosed agencies.
Carat Manchester holds the media account and is unaffected by Karmarama’s win.
The National Australia Bank owns Clydesdale Bank, which trades under the name of Yorkshire Bank in northern England.
Last month, the bank brought in Helen Page, the former marketing boss of RBS’s retail bank in the UK, to develop a reputation for "distinctive customer service" across both brands.
She was appointed as Clydesdale’s chief marketing officer and is understood to have led the advertising review.
The bank spent just £265,000 on media in the year to September 2012, according to the latest Nielson figures. Some sources suggest that Page’s appointment will be followed by a steep increase in marketing spend.
The future of the bank has been uncertain amid management reshuffles and rumours of a possible sale to Spanish bank Santander, after National Australia Bank posted a £183m loss for Clydesdale in the year to September 2012.Follow @louiseridley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £45000 - £55000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Director Purple Consultancy £50000 - £75000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Product Design Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £55000 per annum, Merseyside
- Comms Acount Director- Leading Beauty FMCG - £55K Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film