Karmarama wins Clydesdale Bank after marketing reshuffle
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 March 2013 09:27AM
Karmarama has been appointed as the creative agency for Clydesdale Bank, following a competitive pitch.
CheethamBell JWT has worked with the bank on a project basis, but did not pitch for the account.
The review was managed by Oystercatchers and involved a number of undisclosed agencies.
Carat Manchester holds the media account and is unaffected by Karmarama’s win.
The National Australia Bank owns Clydesdale Bank, which trades under the name of Yorkshire Bank in northern England.
Last month, the bank brought in Helen Page, the former marketing boss of RBS’s retail bank in the UK, to develop a reputation for "distinctive customer service" across both brands.
She was appointed as Clydesdale’s chief marketing officer and is understood to have led the advertising review.
The bank spent just £265,000 on media in the year to September 2012, according to the latest Nielson figures. Some sources suggest that Page’s appointment will be followed by a steep increase in marketing spend.
The future of the bank has been uncertain amid management reshuffles and rumours of a possible sale to Spanish bank Santander, after National Australia Bank posted a £183m loss for Clydesdale in the year to September 2012.Follow @louiseridley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Project Manager Zebra People £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Account Director - CRM - £50-55k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £50000 - £55000 per annum, Central London
- SOCIAL MEDIA SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - WEST END - TO £29,000 D Salt £28000 - £29000 per annum + excellent benefits!!, London
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure