ITV targets football fans ahead of 2014 World Cup qualifiers
By Echomo Efeyini, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 March 2013 12:10PM
ITV has launched a promotional TV campaign featuring exclusively shot footage of the England football squad.
The campaign aims to reinforce ITV’s position as a reliable source of free and live football coverage for the sport’s fans, and comes ahead of two qualifying games for the 2014 World Cup.
The 50-second ad features headshots of England players and aims to promote the relationship between the sport and music, with original background music and lyrics by Editors lead singer, Tom Smith.
ITV Creative created the promo. The creative was James Doherty working with the head of creative, Laurie Smith, and the creative director, Phil Lind. Steve Ryan produced the promo.
The film is the second in a series of ads begun by the television network in 2012. The first ad, released last year, featured music by Paul Smith, the lead singer of Maximo Park.
The film follows ITV's rebrand and new on-air look, which launched across its network earlier this year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Festival Marketing Manager Allegra Events Competitive Salary , Negotiable , DOE, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Project Director - Seoul based Major Players £60000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Strategy Director Reuben Sinclair £70-90k + Bonus , London (Greater)
- Brand Manager - French Speaker Veritas Partnership Ltd £35,000 - 40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Associate Creative Director Digital Gurus £65000 - £70000 Per Annum, London
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign