ITV targets football fans ahead of 2014 World Cup qualifiers
By Echomo Efeyini, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 March 2013 12:10PM
ITV has launched a promotional TV campaign featuring exclusively shot footage of the England football squad.
The campaign aims to reinforce ITV’s position as a reliable source of free and live football coverage for the sport’s fans, and comes ahead of two qualifying games for the 2014 World Cup.
The 50-second ad features headshots of England players and aims to promote the relationship between the sport and music, with original background music and lyrics by Editors lead singer, Tom Smith.
ITV Creative created the promo. The creative was James Doherty working with the head of creative, Laurie Smith, and the creative director, Phil Lind. Steve Ryan produced the promo.
The film is the second in a series of ads begun by the television network in 2012. The first ad, released last year, featured music by Paul Smith, the lead singer of Maximo Park.
The film follows ITV's rebrand and new on-air look, which launched across its network earlier this year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Creative Major Players £70000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Design Director createselect Up to £65k, London (Greater)
- Quant Researcher-Immediate Start-Saudi Arabia-c50k Tax Free Elizabeth Norman International £40000 - £50000 per annum + Tax free and travel, Saudi Arabia
- Senior Brand Manager Salt £160 - £190 per day, Reading
- Senior Project Manager Digital Gurus £40000 - £45000 Per Annum, london
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media