ITV targets football fans ahead of 2014 World Cup qualifiers
By Echomo Efeyini, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 March 2013 12:10PM
ITV has launched a promotional TV campaign featuring exclusively shot footage of the England football squad.
The campaign aims to reinforce ITV’s position as a reliable source of free and live football coverage for the sport’s fans, and comes ahead of two qualifying games for the 2014 World Cup.
The 50-second ad features headshots of England players and aims to promote the relationship between the sport and music, with original background music and lyrics by Editors lead singer, Tom Smith.
ITV Creative created the promo. The creative was James Doherty working with the head of creative, Laurie Smith, and the creative director, Phil Lind. Steve Ryan produced the promo.
The film is the second in a series of ads begun by the television network in 2012. The first ad, released last year, featured music by Paul Smith, the lead singer of Maximo Park.
The film follows ITV's rebrand and new on-air look, which launched across its network earlier this year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager fishtank £30000 - £35000 per annum, Marlow
- Digital Project Manager Stopgap £180 - £250 per annum, London
- Product Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum, Banbury
- Digital Planner Stopgap £300 per day, London
- Digital / Mobile Display Planner Buyer Digital Gurus £20000 - £32000 Per Annum, London
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media