ITV targets football fans ahead of 2014 World Cup qualifiers
By Echomo Efeyini, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 March 2013 12:10PM
ITV has launched a promotional TV campaign featuring exclusively shot footage of the England football squad.
The campaign aims to reinforce ITV’s position as a reliable source of free and live football coverage for the sport’s fans, and comes ahead of two qualifying games for the 2014 World Cup.
The 50-second ad features headshots of England players and aims to promote the relationship between the sport and music, with original background music and lyrics by Editors lead singer, Tom Smith.
ITV Creative created the promo. The creative was James Doherty working with the head of creative, Laurie Smith, and the creative director, Phil Lind. Steve Ryan produced the promo.
The film is the second in a series of ads begun by the television network in 2012. The first ad, released last year, featured music by Paul Smith, the lead singer of Maximo Park.
The film follows ITV's rebrand and new on-air look, which launched across its network earlier this year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Manager / Director Aspire £35000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London
- Chief Client Director Aspire £100000 - £150000 per annum, London
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Notonthehighstreet sponsors London Underground 'baby on board' badge
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- Mother backs new integrated agency The Romans
- The Sun cuts topless models on Page 3