East Coast Mainline to review £7m ad account
The East Coast Mainline, whose ads currently feature the comedian Vic Reeves, has put its £7m advertising account up for review.
The train operator has issued a tender on OJEU inviting agencies to pitch for the business, which is under a statutory review.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO is the incumbent on the business and was responsible for creating the current 'Welcome To' advertising campaign that features comedian Vic Reeves. The ad, promoting its First Class service, is designed to show off the personality of the service and its service.
The review encompasses TV, radio, outdoor, press as well as digital and social advertising.
AMV won the business in December 2010 following a competitive pitch against Dentsu and The Red Brick Road.
Dentsu had held the business since November 2009 following the creation of the company, which is a public-sector franchise, and created its 'Miniature' campaign to promote East Coast’s low prices.
In October, East Coast Mainline poached the former First Direct head of brand and communications, Natalie Cowen, to head up its marketing. She replaced Rob Payne who left at the beginning of 2012.
East Coast Mainline is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Directly Operated Railways and comes under the remit of Patrick McLoughlin, the secretary of state for transport. The review comes under the Government Procurement Agreement.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014