East Coast Mainline to review £7m ad account
The East Coast Mainline, whose ads currently feature the comedian Vic Reeves, has put its £7m advertising account up for review.
The train operator has issued a tender on OJEU inviting agencies to pitch for the business, which is under a statutory review.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO is the incumbent on the business and was responsible for creating the current 'Welcome To' advertising campaign that features comedian Vic Reeves. The ad, promoting its First Class service, is designed to show off the personality of the service and its service.
The review encompasses TV, radio, outdoor, press as well as digital and social advertising.
AMV won the business in December 2010 following a competitive pitch against Dentsu and The Red Brick Road.
Dentsu had held the business since November 2009 following the creation of the company, which is a public-sector franchise, and created its 'Miniature' campaign to promote East Coast’s low prices.
In October, East Coast Mainline poached the former First Direct head of brand and communications, Natalie Cowen, to head up its marketing. She replaced Rob Payne who left at the beginning of 2012.
East Coast Mainline is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Directly Operated Railways and comes under the remit of Patrick McLoughlin, the secretary of state for transport. The review comes under the Government Procurement Agreement.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager: Global Packaging Branding Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £38000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Business Director Major Players £75000 - £78000 per annum, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch