Essence hires Minal Saigal as EMEA MD
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 02 April 2013 09:28AM
Essence digital agency has hired brand-side marketer Minal Saigal, a former head of special projects at Google, to lead its EMEA operations as managing director.
Saigal has started in the new role of managing director of the region and is responsible for managing the EMEA growth of the UK-based business.
Saigal has seven years of client-side marketing experience and has spent the last six months advising retail brand Asos as a freelance marketing consultant.
She worked at Google, a current Essence client, from from 2010 to 2012, focusing on strategic initiatives in the UK business as the head of special projects.
Before this she led eBay’s strategy on search, affiliates, display and partnerships as head of online marketing. She awarded eBay’s ongoing online media planning and buying account to Essence in 2008.
Saigal said: "I appointed Essence as our digital partner of choice at eBay because of its clear ability to match an understanding of analytics with brilliant creative output, as well as the excellent quality of people.
"The decision to move to an agency was made easy by Essence; we operate as an advisory business as well as an agency, which will allow me to continue in my aims of helping clients achieve digital excellence.
She added that she wanted to maintain the business’s culture and keep its dealings sustainable during future expansion.
The appointment is the latest in a string of EMEA hires for Essence, which recently brought in Walker Media's Mark Syal as head of media, EMEA. It also hired Erfan Djazmi from Mediacom Sydney as head of mobile, EMEA.
Essence has also been advancing in the US with two aquisitions, the most recent of which was US mobile agency Point Reach.Follow @louiseridley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Head of Film Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Executive B2B Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Head of Digital Strategy Ball & Hoolahan £90,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager Pitch Consultants £35000 - £40000 per annum, West Midlands
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film