Itsu hunts for creative agency
Itsu, the Asian-inspired food chain founded by the entrepreneur Julian Metcalfe, is looking for a creative agency ahead of its first advertising and marketing campaign.
Metcalfe, who also set up sandwich chain Pret A Manger, has hired Oystercatchers to run the pitch process. He wants an agency to help get across the message that Itsu is no longer just a sushi place but rather an Asian-inspired, "healthy fast food" shop.
Creative agencies have already been contacted by Oystercatchers for the pitch, although a spokesman for the intermediary would not say how many. Metcalfe, who is said to often handle much of his companies’ marketing himself, wants to have the pitch process completed and an agency in place by May.
Itsu was founded in 1997.It is predicting revenues of £55m by the end of 2013 but has not yet decided how much it will spend on its advertising and marketing campaign, saying that will be announced after the pitch.
Pret A Manger, another Metcalfe business, appointed WCRS as its creative agency when it went on a £3m branding drive in 2002.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Director Zebra People £45000 - £55000 per annum + Competative Benefits Structure, City of London
- Senior Developer Digital Gurus £40000 - £45000 Per Annum, London
- Account Executive Beyond The Book £Negotiable, Northampton
- Marketing Executive Stopgap £28000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Stopgap £31500 per annum + 12 months, London
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media