Itsu hunts for creative agency
Itsu, the Asian-inspired food chain founded by the entrepreneur Julian Metcalfe, is looking for a creative agency ahead of its first advertising and marketing campaign.
Metcalfe, who also set up sandwich chain Pret A Manger, has hired Oystercatchers to run the pitch process. He wants an agency to help get across the message that Itsu is no longer just a sushi place but rather an Asian-inspired, "healthy fast food" shop.
Creative agencies have already been contacted by Oystercatchers for the pitch, although a spokesman for the intermediary would not say how many. Metcalfe, who is said to often handle much of his companies’ marketing himself, wants to have the pitch process completed and an agency in place by May.
Itsu was founded in 1997.It is predicting revenues of £55m by the end of 2013 but has not yet decided how much it will spend on its advertising and marketing campaign, saying that will be announced after the pitch.
Pret A Manger, another Metcalfe business, appointed WCRS as its creative agency when it went on a £3m branding drive in 2002.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager, Temp to Perm, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £34000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing & Engagement Fire Fighters Charity £47,000 per annum plus excellent benefits , Basingstoke, Hampshire
- Digital Designer - Zizzi Restaurants Zizzi Restaurants £25,000 to £27,000 plus bonus and additional benefits, Marylebone Station, London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- MidWeight Digital Designer - Digital £35k Nakama £25,000 - £35,000 + benefits including; travel, training, healthcare and pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood