Itsu hunts for creative agency
Itsu, the Asian-inspired food chain founded by the entrepreneur Julian Metcalfe, is looking for a creative agency ahead of its first advertising and marketing campaign.
Metcalfe, who also set up sandwich chain Pret A Manger, has hired Oystercatchers to run the pitch process. He wants an agency to help get across the message that Itsu is no longer just a sushi place but rather an Asian-inspired, "healthy fast food" shop.
Creative agencies have already been contacted by Oystercatchers for the pitch, although a spokesman for the intermediary would not say how many. Metcalfe, who is said to often handle much of his companies’ marketing himself, wants to have the pitch process completed and an agency in place by May.
Itsu was founded in 1997.It is predicting revenues of £55m by the end of 2013 but has not yet decided how much it will spend on its advertising and marketing campaign, saying that will be announced after the pitch.
Pret A Manger, another Metcalfe business, appointed WCRS as its creative agency when it went on a £3m branding drive in 2002.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Recruitment Manager - Technical Development Team Propel £28000 - £90000 per annum, London
- Copywriter & Marketing Executive - Events, Integrated Marketing Live Recruitment £22000 - £27000 per annum, London
- PR Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £16000 - £20000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Recruitment Team Leader - Technology (Contract) Propel £35000 - £42000 per annum + OTE £80k, London
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign