Itsu hunts for creative agency
Itsu, the Asian-inspired food chain founded by the entrepreneur Julian Metcalfe, is looking for a creative agency ahead of its first advertising and marketing campaign.
Metcalfe, who also set up sandwich chain Pret A Manger, has hired Oystercatchers to run the pitch process. He wants an agency to help get across the message that Itsu is no longer just a sushi place but rather an Asian-inspired, "healthy fast food" shop.
Creative agencies have already been contacted by Oystercatchers for the pitch, although a spokesman for the intermediary would not say how many. Metcalfe, who is said to often handle much of his companies’ marketing himself, wants to have the pitch process completed and an agency in place by May.
Itsu was founded in 1997.It is predicting revenues of £55m by the end of 2013 but has not yet decided how much it will spend on its advertising and marketing campaign, saying that will be announced after the pitch.
Pret A Manger, another Metcalfe business, appointed WCRS as its creative agency when it went on a £3m branding drive in 2002.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Digital Specialist - Client-Side Travel Brand - PPC / SEO Ultimate Asset £30000 - £50000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, City of London
- Graphic Designer / Art Director Creative Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Senior Manager Customer Engagement - Sports Brand (Relocation) Ultimate Asset €70000 - €73000 per annum + Relocation package, Bavaria
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- Ocean Outdoor finds new owners in Searchlight Capital