Former IPC director Richard Johnstone joins UPP
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 April 2013 10:43AM
UPP, the independent agency that launched last year, has appointed the former Marie Claire publishing director and IPC Southbank board director Richard Johnstone as managing partner.
Johnstone will join founders Peter Thomson and David Coates at UPP, which works on building and managing agency rosters for clients.
UPP launched last November with clients including Jazz FM and International Sports Events Consulting. It has an informal relationship with Publicis Groupe agencies and offers channel planning alongside agency relationship management.
During his 20-year career, Johnstone has experience of magazine brands including Wallpaper*, Loaded and Marie Claire. He worked in ad sales at Emap, Dennis Publishing and Ministry of Sound before joining IPC Ignite and then IPC Southbank.
Thomson said: "Richard is an amazing thinker, fantastic communicator and brand marketer. His practical knowledge of content creation, brand development and how media owners operate, will provide UPP and its clients with the insight and support needed to grow their businesses and create brilliant campaigns."
Johnstone said: "UPP provides clients with a structure, methodology and access to a roster of 20-plus globally famous agencies that will make marketing directors more effective than ever in delivering brilliant campaigns and results. I cannot wait to get started."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films