Former IPC director Richard Johnstone joins UPP
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 April 2013 10:43AM
UPP, the independent agency that launched last year, has appointed the former Marie Claire publishing director and IPC Southbank board director Richard Johnstone as managing partner.
Johnstone will join founders Peter Thomson and David Coates at UPP, which works on building and managing agency rosters for clients.
UPP launched last November with clients including Jazz FM and International Sports Events Consulting. It has an informal relationship with Publicis Groupe agencies and offers channel planning alongside agency relationship management.
During his 20-year career, Johnstone has experience of magazine brands including Wallpaper*, Loaded and Marie Claire. He worked in ad sales at Emap, Dennis Publishing and Ministry of Sound before joining IPC Ignite and then IPC Southbank.
Thomson said: "Richard is an amazing thinker, fantastic communicator and brand marketer. His practical knowledge of content creation, brand development and how media owners operate, will provide UPP and its clients with the insight and support needed to grow their businesses and create brilliant campaigns."
Johnstone said: "UPP provides clients with a structure, methodology and access to a roster of 20-plus globally famous agencies that will make marketing directors more effective than ever in delivering brilliant campaigns and results. I cannot wait to get started."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Studio Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £29000 - £32000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure