Former IPC director Richard Johnstone joins UPP
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 April 2013 10:43AM
UPP, the independent agency that launched last year, has appointed the former Marie Claire publishing director and IPC Southbank board director Richard Johnstone as managing partner.
Johnstone will join founders Peter Thomson and David Coates at UPP, which works on building and managing agency rosters for clients.
UPP launched last November with clients including Jazz FM and International Sports Events Consulting. It has an informal relationship with Publicis Groupe agencies and offers channel planning alongside agency relationship management.
During his 20-year career, Johnstone has experience of magazine brands including Wallpaper*, Loaded and Marie Claire. He worked in ad sales at Emap, Dennis Publishing and Ministry of Sound before joining IPC Ignite and then IPC Southbank.
Thomson said: "Richard is an amazing thinker, fantastic communicator and brand marketer. His practical knowledge of content creation, brand development and how media owners operate, will provide UPP and its clients with the insight and support needed to grow their businesses and create brilliant campaigns."
Johnstone said: "UPP provides clients with a structure, methodology and access to a roster of 20-plus globally famous agencies that will make marketing directors more effective than ever in delivering brilliant campaigns and results. I cannot wait to get started."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- UK Head of Marketing FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£100-130K + Benefits Package, London
- Artworker fishtank £23000 - £33000 per annum, Bristol
- Artworker (Corporate Communications, Annual Reports) Creative Recruitment £32000 per annum, London
- Pricing Analyst Ninesharp negotiable, Walsall
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show