Former IPC director Richard Johnstone joins UPP
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 April 2013 10:43AM
UPP, the independent agency that launched last year, has appointed the former Marie Claire publishing director and IPC Southbank board director Richard Johnstone as managing partner.
Johnstone will join founders Peter Thomson and David Coates at UPP, which works on building and managing agency rosters for clients.
UPP launched last November with clients including Jazz FM and International Sports Events Consulting. It has an informal relationship with Publicis Groupe agencies and offers channel planning alongside agency relationship management.
During his 20-year career, Johnstone has experience of magazine brands including Wallpaper*, Loaded and Marie Claire. He worked in ad sales at Emap, Dennis Publishing and Ministry of Sound before joining IPC Ignite and then IPC Southbank.
Thomson said: "Richard is an amazing thinker, fantastic communicator and brand marketer. His practical knowledge of content creation, brand development and how media owners operate, will provide UPP and its clients with the insight and support needed to grow their businesses and create brilliant campaigns."
Johnstone said: "UPP provides clients with a structure, methodology and access to a roster of 20-plus globally famous agencies that will make marketing directors more effective than ever in delivering brilliant campaigns and results. I cannot wait to get started."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Executive: Integrated / Digital Agency - Exciting Brand / Large Campaigns c£20k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£20k, Greater London - Surrey
- Senior Marketing Campaign Executive Ninesharp £125 - £135 per day, Stanmore
- B2B National Sales Manager PSD Group Up to £50K + package, Field based (various regions)
- Brand manager - TOP 3 FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £42000 - £47000 per annum + car + bonus, West London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity