British & Irish Lions legends feature in HSBC ad
JWT London is launching a campaign to support HSBC's sponsorship of the British & Irish Lions, featuring Lions Legends embarking on an epic voyage to Australia.
This year marks the 125th anniversary since the Lions first toured Australia. The 'Legendary Journey' campaign features Brian O’Driscoll, Jason Robinson, Willie John McBride and JPR Williams in naval costumes recreating that first journey.
The 60-second TV film, which breaks on 18 May, is supported by an interactive online film and will run in the UK, Hong Kong and Australia. The JWT global creative director Axel Chaldecott created the campaign.
He said: "In this campaign we have married the legends and the rich heritage that makes the Lions so special with a nod towards the future talent of the game with our young cabin boy – in a sense balancing the future focus of the bank with the strong Lions culture."
Andrea Newman, the global head of advertising and marketing communications said: "Legendary Journeys as an idea encapsulates our role as Principal Partner of the British and Irish Lions in their anniversary year.
"The campaign that JWT have created brings to life the heritage and pride of the Lions Tour whilst celebrating the legendary journey that players, fans and anyone following the Tour will be immersed into."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- PPC Strategist Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + Amazing Benefits + Bonus, London
- Search Executive Dot-Gap £26k, London (Greater)
- Head of Search - SEO Ultimate Asset £50000 - £65000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, Reigate
- Graphic Designer Â– Product & Packaging Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014