Superdrug owner calls media pitch
AS Watson, the retailer that owns Superdrug and The Perfume Shop, is reviewing its European media planning and buying account, putting the UK incumbent, ZenithOptimedia, on alert.
The statutory review began several weeks ago and is believed to include Belgium, the Netherlands, Spain and Italy, as well as the UK. The group currently works with a number of agencies.
Superdrug spent £2.8 million on UK media in the 12 months to the end of September 2012, according to Nielsen.
AS Watson has spoken to several agencies as part of the procurement-led review, which sources suggest may not be concluded this year. It comes just over a year after a previous review, in which ZenithOptimedia held on to the business.
The review is not thought to affect Superdrug’s UK creative agency, Billington Cartmell, which won the account earlier this year.
AS Watson operates about 10,800 stores worldwide, including Kruidvat in Benelux and Marionnaud, which claims to be Europe’s largest perfumery and cosmetics retailer, in 11 countries.
A spokesman for Superdrug had not responded as Campaign went to press.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Market Research - Senior Position - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai- UAE
- Biddable Account Manager - PPC - Superb Clients Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: + annual bonus, Manchester
- Product Manager Ninesharp £30000 - £40000 per annum, Lincolnshire
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'