118 118 kicks off advertising review
118 118, the directory enquiries business, is looking for a UK creative shop.
The company is handling the process itself and began contacting agencies last week. The pitch is understood to be at the request for proposal stage.
As part of the brief, 118 118 has asked participating agencies to answer the question: "If Shakespeare were alive today, what would he write about?"
The incumbent, The Brooklyn Brothers, will not be repitching. The agency had divided its work for 118 118 between its London and New York offices, with the most recent ads coming out of the US.
The Brooklyn Brothers picked up 118 118’s £25 million global ad account in 2009. The agency had already worked with KGB, the US-based owner of 118 118.
KGB tasked The Brooklyn Brothers with creating all of the company’s global campaigns, as well as local market advertising for its directory enquiries brands.
The review does not affect their relationship in the US.
The Brooklyn Brothers won the account from WCRS, which had worked with 118 118 between 2002 and 2009 and created the jogger characters who have since defined the brand.
118 118 was not available for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- DIGITAL STRATEGY MANAGER - INTEGRATED MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, East Midlands
- Account Director - International - Video Tech Business Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - MEDICAL COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, Berkshire
- CRM Executive - £30k - London Salt £25000 - £30000 per annum + bens, London