IPG ups forecast for UK adspend growth to 2.2%
Magna Global, Interpublic's trading and forecasting arm, has increased its forecast for growth in the UK ad market to 2.2 per cent.
According to figures from the parent group of UM and Initiative, the UK’s ad market will increase by 2.2 per cent year on year in 2013, fuelled by continued growth in digital and "another solid performance" in traditional media.
In its last set of forecasts in March, Magna retained its earlier prediction that the UK ad market would increase by 1.9 per cent year on year. The improvement to 2.2 per cent represents a 15.8 per cent increase.
In the UK, 39 per cent of all adspend is on a digital platform, which is the biggest share globally according to Magna.
Overall, Magna predicts global advertising revenues will grow by 3 per cent year on year to $525 billion (£334.80 billion) in 2013 and then increase by 6.1 per cent year on year in 2014.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Digital Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne