UKTV to air interview with Wolverine star Hugh Jackman
By Chloe Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 July 2013 01:48PM
Twentieth Century Fox is going to promote the upcoming release 'The Wolverine' through an interview with the star Hugh Jackman, introduced by Dynamo the magician, as part of a campaign on UKTV and Channel 4.
The interview will air in the first ad break of Dynamo: Mission Impossible at 9pm 25 July where it will take up the entire ad slot, the first time an ad has taken up a whole break on any of UKTV’s channels.
The magician Dynamo will introduce the interview with Hugh Jackman on the red carpet of The Wolverine premiere, which will be intercut with footage from the film.
From tomorrow (6 July) a 30-second spot on Watch will start the countdown to the movie's release. The 30-second ad features Dynamo performing a Wolverine-related trick to camera before asking viewers to tweet a question about the movie to Hugh Jackman using the hashtag #WatchWolverine.
Those who do tweet will be entered into the chance of winning a trip to Tokyo, the location of the film’s backdrop, complete with a Samurai Ninja experience and £500 spending money.
The film will also be promoted by a 10-second spot featuring Dynamo across Dave, Channel 4 and Film 4 from 16 July.
The deal was brokered by UKTV’s ad sales house Channel 4 and 20th Century Fox’s media agency Vizeum. Sassy Films is responsible for the creative.
Robbie Ashcroft, the creative solutions manager at Vizeum, said: "Dynamo’s show is a perfect fit for The Wolverine: thematically and for the target audience. When we discovered he’s a big fan of the franchise it was too good to be true. It gave us the perfect platform to create a truly integrated campaign."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Brand Manager - Premium Jarlett de Grouchy £40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus, Surrey
- Marketing Manager - Premium Beer Jarlett de Grouchy £50000 - £55000 per annum + car + 30 % bonus potential!, Surrey
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014