UKTV to air interview with Wolverine star Hugh Jackman
By Chloe Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 05 July 2013 01:48PM
Twentieth Century Fox is going to promote the upcoming release 'The Wolverine' through an interview with the star Hugh Jackman, introduced by Dynamo the magician, as part of a campaign on UKTV and Channel 4.
The interview will air in the first ad break of Dynamo: Mission Impossible at 9pm 25 July where it will take up the entire ad slot, the first time an ad has taken up a whole break on any of UKTV’s channels.
The magician Dynamo will introduce the interview with Hugh Jackman on the red carpet of The Wolverine premiere, which will be intercut with footage from the film.
From tomorrow (6 July) a 30-second spot on Watch will start the countdown to the movie's release. The 30-second ad features Dynamo performing a Wolverine-related trick to camera before asking viewers to tweet a question about the movie to Hugh Jackman using the hashtag #WatchWolverine.
Those who do tweet will be entered into the chance of winning a trip to Tokyo, the location of the film’s backdrop, complete with a Samurai Ninja experience and £500 spending money.
The film will also be promoted by a 10-second spot featuring Dynamo across Dave, Channel 4 and Film 4 from 16 July.
The deal was brokered by UKTV’s ad sales house Channel 4 and 20th Century Fox’s media agency Vizeum. Sassy Films is responsible for the creative.
Robbie Ashcroft, the creative solutions manager at Vizeum, said: "Dynamo’s show is a perfect fit for The Wolverine: thematically and for the target audience. When we discovered he’s a big fan of the franchise it was too good to be true. It gave us the perfect platform to create a truly integrated campaign."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Brand Manager - Lifestyle Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, Berkshire
- Global Digital Account Manager Aspire £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Junior Brand Manager Alpro £25-£30k plus benefits, West Midlands
- Design Director Source £45000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer AF Selection £18,000 - £22,000, East Midlands
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas