Discovery's TLC launches summer campaign
By Chloe Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 08 July 2013 11:17AM
Discovery Networks' TLC channel is launching a campaign to position it as a top destination for TV holidays this summer, promoting programmes such as returning US show 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo'.
The channel's idents have been given a summery twist as part of the campaign. They are infused with rays of sunshine and iconic summertime objects such as beach towels, cocktails and lilos, overlaid with the TLC Summer logo.
The TLC summer campaign, which starts tomorrow and is sponsored by Superdrug, also features an extended 50-second TV ad that will air across major channels including ITV1, ITV2, E4 and Sky Living. It will screen first during MTV’s ‘Geordie Shore’.
Robin Garnett was the creative director for the campaign, Pauline LeGoff was the copywriter/director and Paul Mortimore produced the ad, with Discovery UK Creative acting as the production company. Media planning and buying is by the7stars.
The campaign will promote campaigns including US show 'Breaking Amish: Brave New World', alongside 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo'. It will also introduce 'Family SOS with Jo Frost' and ‘Cheer Perfection', as well as TLC’s first major drama series, ‘Mistresses’, from Disney’s ABC network.
The TV ads will be supported by a pre-roll campaign across targeted shows on ITV Player, 4oD and YouTube. There will also be online ads on Mail Online and 30-second radio spots across the Bauer Media portfolio.
Social activity across Facebook and Twitter will be used to drive people to tune into TLC’s summer shows.
TLC.com will include a competition, supported by on-air promotion, to win a family holiday to Mallorca. Further summer-themed prizes including picnic blankets and beach balls, which will be given away to viewers who get their tweets read out on air during the channel's live continuity links.
TLC branding will appear on a 'Cake Boss’ in-store competition in Superdrug’s 800 stores. All Superdrug Beautycard holders, including those who sign up over the summer, will be entered into a prize draw to win a trip to New York for two.
Susanna Dinnage, the general manager of Discover Networks UK and Ireland, said: "We know our viewers have hectic lives and need a well-deserved break, especially when the family is around.
"TLC is not going on holiday – we will be here all summer long to delight people with brand new programmes, guaranteed to brighten the mood and give our viewers an indoor holiday, whatever the weather."
TLC is available on Sky, Virgin Media, BT Vision and through YouView on the TalkTalk Player.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Manager Stopgap £32000 per annum, London
- Digital Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £24000 - £26000 per annum, Gloucestershire
- Retail Marketing Controller- Automotive Manufacturer Copeland Select £Completive +car +benefits , Hertfordshire
- Dealer Marketing Consultant, Automotive Copeland Select Mid £20,000s, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show