Mcgarrybowen and UM win Branston pickle accounts
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 08 July 2013 11:31AM
Nakano UK Vinegar, the new owner of the Branston pickle brand, has appointed Mcgarrybowen for creative advertising and UM London for media after two separate pitches.
Three creative and three media agencies pitched in the reviews, which was called after Nakano’s Japanese parent company Mizkan bought Branston from Premier Foods for £92.5 million last year.
Mizkan says it plans to "invest substantially" in the brand.
The agencies will begin work today on a campaign to reintroduce consumers to Branston, which has not had a major advertising push for several years. The work will launch in the run-up to Christmas.
Mcgarrybowen and UM will also work on campaigns for Haywards pickles and Sarson's vinegar, which Mizkan also acquired from Premier Foods in 2012.
Paul Shanahan, the managing director of Nakano UK, said: "We’re looking forward to working with both agencies as part of our family and are raring to go with ideas."
The Branston packaging will remain unchanged and the campaign could use the well-known "Bring on the Branston" slogan.
Toby Sachs, the managing director of Mcgarrybowen said: "We are very excited to have the chance to work on a truly iconic British brand. The chemistry between our teams felt terrific and we can't wait to get started on Monday."
Russell Place, the managing director of UM, said: "We are looking forward to helping deliver future success across Mizkan’s British brand portfolio."
Branston is the UK’s number-one sweet pickle brand, according to data from market research company IRi.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Modelling Manager Premier Media £30000 - £35000 per annum, East London
- CGI Artist Premier Media £25000 - £30000 per annum, East London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot