GSK splits media between Group M and Omnicom
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 03 September 2013 12:43PM
GlaxoSmithKline has divided the bulk of its estimated £1 billion global media planning and buying account between Group M and Omnicom Media Group.
OMG agency PHD has retained the US business, which was worth $457 million in 2012 according to Kantar, and will also run the Canadian and West African markets.
Group M agencies will manage the rest of the world, with MediaCom retaining the £60 million UK account. Dentsu will manage media buying in Japan.
Omnicom Media Group and Group M will share responsibilities for global category-planning for consumer healthcare, from London, the US city of Parsippany and Singapore.
The decision ends GlaxoSmithKline’s relationship with Publicis Groupe’s Starcom and Carat, which previously worked on the business alongside PHD and Group M.
Sam Singh, the vice president of global media at GlaxoSmithKline said: "The decision to consolidate our media investment with two network partners – Group M and OMG, with Dentsu buying in Japan, is based on various factors including simplicity and speedier deployment of best practices.
"We believe this sets us up with a fit for purpose media system into the future.
"We continue to hold the outgoing agencies, Starcom and Carat, in the highest of regard. They have consistently exhibited high levels of professionalism and we wish them all the very best."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Insight Manager EMR £65000 - £75000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Digital Project Manager - Digital Agency £35K Source £32000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Data Analyst **Prestigious and Forward Thinking Media Agency** Lipton Fleming £30000 - £40000 per annum + fantastic benefits, London
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £45000 - £60000 per annum, ShÃ nghÇŽi
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff