Clare Balding describes her first home in C4 and Lloyds tie-up
Channel 4 presenters such as Clare Balding and Ade Adepitan share personal stories about buying their first homes, in the first of a new series of films for Lloyds Bank's rebrand.
The documentary-style campaign, called "Because Your Home Matters" launches today on Channel 4 and More4, and is the result of a collaboration between the broadcaster and the bank.
It features Balding and Adepitan with fellow C4 presenters Mary Portas and Nick Hewer, and marks the first time that Lloyds has used on-screen talent in an advertising campaign.
On 9 September, Lloyds Banking Group split Lloyds TSB into two banks, TSB and Lloyds Bank, which will operate separately from now on.
The films will run until December, alongside the wider Lloyds Bank relaunch campaign, which kicked off last night and was created by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R.
In the first of the three 40-second films, all four presenters reminisce about buying their first home and what the experience meant to them.
The ads are the first commercial directing project for the TV and film director Southan Morris and aim to reflect the personal memories of the presenters. The Outfit was responsible for the creative.
Eithne Anderson, the head of marketing communications, Lloyds Bank and Bank of Scotland, said: "The Channel 4 partnership plays a key part in launching Lloyds Bank, helping us to establish the brand as a bank that is there for the key moments that matter to our customers.
"The partnership allows us to communicate this in an entertaining, unexpected and memorable way."
Felicity Ive, a group partnerships manager at Channel 4, and Michael Rance, an account director at MEC Access, brokered the partnership.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Designer - 6 month contract ADLIB £20000 - £25000 per annum, Somerset
- CRM Manager (1 year maternity cover) f1 Recruitment 50,000, Kensington
- Head of Digital and CRM - entrepreneurial global online brand - Hertfordshire - up to £75K f1 Recruitment Up to £75K depending on experience, Hertfordshire
- Web Development Manager - UK & Ireland - Travel f1 Recruitment £50,000, Surrey