Clare Balding describes her first home in C4 and Lloyds tie-up
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 23 September 2013 11:44AM
Channel 4 presenters such as Clare Balding and Ade Adepitan share personal stories about buying their first homes, in the first of a new series of films for Lloyds Bank's rebrand.
The documentary-style campaign, called "Because Your Home Matters" launches today on Channel 4 and More4, and is the result of a collaboration between the broadcaster and the bank.
It features Balding and Adepitan with fellow C4 presenters Mary Portas and Nick Hewer, and marks the first time that Lloyds has used on-screen talent in an advertising campaign.
On 9 September, Lloyds Banking Group split Lloyds TSB into two banks, TSB and Lloyds Bank, which will operate separately from now on.
The films will run until December, alongside the wider Lloyds Bank relaunch campaign, which kicked off last night and was created by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R.
In the first of the three 40-second films, all four presenters reminisce about buying their first home and what the experience meant to them.
The ads are the first commercial directing project for the TV and film director Southan Morris and aim to reflect the personal memories of the presenters. The Outfit was responsible for the creative.
Eithne Anderson, the head of marketing communications, Lloyds Bank and Bank of Scotland, said: "The Channel 4 partnership plays a key part in launching Lloyds Bank, helping us to establish the brand as a bank that is there for the key moments that matter to our customers.
"The partnership allows us to communicate this in an entertaining, unexpected and memorable way."
Felicity Ive, a group partnerships manager at Channel 4, and Michael Rance, an account director at MEC Access, brokered the partnership.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director - 9 month maternity cover The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Up to £70K + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Associate Director - Brand Strategy Rare Selection Up to £63000 + pension + additional benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Licensing Senior Category Manager - Valencia Spain . 75,000 Euros Mark Paine Recruitment 75,000 EUROS, Spain
- Creative Brand Strategist Rare Selection £35 - £50K (benefits TBA), London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media