Mikado relaunches as 'effortlessly original'
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 23 September 2013 02:41PM
Mikado, the biscuit brand owned by Mondelez International, is relaunching across Europe with an idiosyncratic first campaign from its new creative agency, Fallon London.
The campaign, launching in Germany today and including TV, print and digital, hinges around a central film introducing a male character who visits a casino.
He arrives by parachute and enters the casino, crunching on Mikado biscuits. He enters a private room and elaborately opens his briefcase on a casino table, to reveal the board game 'Hungry Hippos', to the confusion of other casino visitors. The ad closes with the strapline, "Stay original."
The campaign will run across France, Germany, Austria, Spain, Italy, Belgium, the UK and Switzerland.
The creative aims to reflect Mikado’s quirky brand identity, captured in "the photocopier" spot for Mikado by BETC Paris, which ran for ten years from 1999.
It is the first campaign developed for Mikado by Fallon since Mondelez appointed the agency in April.
The spot was directed by Canada through Partizan and the creative directors were Sam Hibbard and Dan Watts.
Hibbard and Watts said: "We're very excited about this campaign launch for Mikado, in collaboration with the mighty Canada. Hopefully this first campaign will pave the way for more great work to come for this biscuity, chocolatey stick".
"The photocopier" showed a female Japanese office worker trying to reach a packet of Mikado biscuits on a high shelf by climbing on a photocopier, leading to her accidentally photocopying the view up her skirt.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Brand Client Partners - Leading Media Agency - Global Client Ultimate Asset £70000 - £80000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London
- Comms Planning Manager - Gaming/Entertainment Brand - Media Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London
- Senior Account Manager / Account Manager David Thatcher Recruitment £32-40k dep experience, Surrey