Mikado relaunches as 'effortlessly original'
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 23 September 2013 02:41PM
Mikado, the biscuit brand owned by Mondelez International, is relaunching across Europe with an idiosyncratic first campaign from its new creative agency, Fallon London.
The campaign, launching in Germany today and including TV, print and digital, hinges around a central film introducing a male character who visits a casino.
He arrives by parachute and enters the casino, crunching on Mikado biscuits. He enters a private room and elaborately opens his briefcase on a casino table, to reveal the board game 'Hungry Hippos', to the confusion of other casino visitors. The ad closes with the strapline, "Stay original."
The campaign will run across France, Germany, Austria, Spain, Italy, Belgium, the UK and Switzerland.
The creative aims to reflect Mikado’s quirky brand identity, captured in "the photocopier" spot for Mikado by BETC Paris, which ran for ten years from 1999.
It is the first campaign developed for Mikado by Fallon since Mondelez appointed the agency in April.
The spot was directed by Canada through Partizan and the creative directors were Sam Hibbard and Dan Watts.
Hibbard and Watts said: "We're very excited about this campaign launch for Mikado, in collaboration with the mighty Canada. Hopefully this first campaign will pave the way for more great work to come for this biscuity, chocolatey stick".
"The photocopier" showed a female Japanese office worker trying to reach a packet of Mikado biscuits on a high shelf by climbing on a photocopier, leading to her accidentally photocopying the view up her skirt.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Executive and Senior Account Executive air recruitment Up to £24k - dependent on experience + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior Account Manager and Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30k - dependent on experience + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)