Mikado relaunches as 'effortlessly original'
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 23 September 2013 02:41PM
Mikado, the biscuit brand owned by Mondelez International, is relaunching across Europe with an idiosyncratic first campaign from its new creative agency, Fallon London.
The campaign, launching in Germany today and including TV, print and digital, hinges around a central film introducing a male character who visits a casino.
He arrives by parachute and enters the casino, crunching on Mikado biscuits. He enters a private room and elaborately opens his briefcase on a casino table, to reveal the board game 'Hungry Hippos', to the confusion of other casino visitors. The ad closes with the strapline, "Stay original."
The campaign will run across France, Germany, Austria, Spain, Italy, Belgium, the UK and Switzerland.
The creative aims to reflect Mikado’s quirky brand identity, captured in "the photocopier" spot for Mikado by BETC Paris, which ran for ten years from 1999.
It is the first campaign developed for Mikado by Fallon since Mondelez appointed the agency in April.
The spot was directed by Canada through Partizan and the creative directors were Sam Hibbard and Dan Watts.
Hibbard and Watts said: "We're very excited about this campaign launch for Mikado, in collaboration with the mighty Canada. Hopefully this first campaign will pave the way for more great work to come for this biscuity, chocolatey stick".
"The photocopier" showed a female Japanese office worker trying to reach a packet of Mikado biscuits on a high shelf by climbing on a photocopier, leading to her accidentally photocopying the view up her skirt.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Producer Red Sofa London £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager Integrated Branding Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Senior Channel Manager Premier Consultants £60,000 plus car allowance, bonus and benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Retail Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £23000 - £28000 per annum, Manchester
- Marketing Manager - Retail Branding Agency! Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign