Cancer Research UK hires Atomic London for behaviour change brief
By Magda Ibrahim, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 October 2013 12:03PM
Cancer Research UK has appointed Atomic London for a major legacy marketing campaign to launch in 2014.
The agency has begun working with Cancer Research UK to develop a mass behaviour-change concept to increase the number of people who leave the charity a gift in their will.
The upcoming campaign is expected to run across broadcast and events.
Jon Goulding, a partner at Atomic London, said: "Our challenge is to completely overhaul how people perceive gifts in wills and their dramatic impact on finding life-saving cures. Our creative platform will inspire both supporters and the whole nation to get behind the campaign."
Cancer Research UK’s brief for current campaigns is to give a positive, forward-looking outlook to inspire people to support its vision to bring forward a time when all cancers will be cured.
Nick Georgiadis, the head of legacy marketing at the charity, said: "Atomic’s behaviour-change campaign gives us the platform really to grow the number of people in the UK leaving a gift in their will to fund our work.
"It’s no small task, but the simple truth is that the more people who generously leave us gifts in their wills, the sooner we will bring forward the day all cancers are cured."
Recent work by the charity and ad agency Abbot Mead Vickers BBDO includes a billboard featuring four cancer survivors as part of the ‘Beat Cancer Sooner’ campaign.
Atomic London’s work for Cancer Research UK will not affect ABV BBDO’s relationship with the charity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Project Manager Aspire £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- SEO Technical Specialist Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Surbiton
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot