Cancer Research UK hires Atomic London for behaviour change brief
By Magda Ibrahim, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 October 2013 12:03PM
Cancer Research UK has appointed Atomic London for a major legacy marketing campaign to launch in 2014.
The agency has begun working with Cancer Research UK to develop a mass behaviour-change concept to increase the number of people who leave the charity a gift in their will.
The upcoming campaign is expected to run across broadcast and events.
Jon Goulding, a partner at Atomic London, said: "Our challenge is to completely overhaul how people perceive gifts in wills and their dramatic impact on finding life-saving cures. Our creative platform will inspire both supporters and the whole nation to get behind the campaign."
Cancer Research UK’s brief for current campaigns is to give a positive, forward-looking outlook to inspire people to support its vision to bring forward a time when all cancers will be cured.
Nick Georgiadis, the head of legacy marketing at the charity, said: "Atomic’s behaviour-change campaign gives us the platform really to grow the number of people in the UK leaving a gift in their will to fund our work.
"It’s no small task, but the simple truth is that the more people who generously leave us gifts in their wills, the sooner we will bring forward the day all cancers are cured."
Recent work by the charity and ad agency Abbot Mead Vickers BBDO includes a billboard featuring four cancer survivors as part of the ‘Beat Cancer Sooner’ campaign.
Atomic London’s work for Cancer Research UK will not affect ABV BBDO’s relationship with the charity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Junior Managing Director - Branded Content and Experiential Agency Bamboo Crowd £80000 - £90000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director / Senior Account Director - Innovative Advertising Agency Bamboo Crowd £55000 - £65000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review