Wieden & Kennedy split with Levi's
Wieden & Kennedy has announced that it has split with client Levi Strauss & Co after four years.
According to a statement from Wieden & Kennedy, the decision to part ways was mutual. Levi’s did not respond to requests for comment on whether it was looking for another agency to work with.
Wieden & Kennedy Portland won Levi’s North America business in December 2008 and was made the brand’s global agency of record in 2011.
A spokeswoman for Wieden & Kennedy London said that the agency’s UK office did not work on the account and so was unaffected by the spit. Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam has created work for the brand in the past, however.
Tom Blessington, the managing director of Widen & Kennedy Portland, said: "We leave the partnership with the utmost respect for the brand and wish the Levi's team the best for a successful future."
Before striking up a relationship with Wieden & Kennedy, Levi’s worked with Bartle Bogle Hegarty for 28 years and was one of the agency’s founding clients. BBH resigned the account in 2010.
James Curleigh, the brand president at Levi’s, added: "We would like to thank Wieden & Kennedy for their creative energy and engagement over the past five years. The team have supported us through a significant period in the Levi’s brand evolution."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Paid Social Manager - Leading Media Agency - Biddable Media Ultimate Asset £28000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Freelance Planner - FMCG, Pitches & Government Business Speckled Frog £250-£300 daily rate, possibly negotiable, dependent on experience, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London