Work Club wins Desperados
Work Club has won the global digital account for Heineken brand Desperados after impressing the client with a 12-foot python during chemistry meetings.
The independent digital agency saw off competition from Razorfish to win the pitch for the tequila-flavoured beer brand, which was handled by Heineken directly.
AnalogFolk was the incumbent on the global digital account and will continue to work with the brand on some of its UK marketing.
Part of the chemistry brief asked agencies to demonstrate how "Desperados" they were and Work Club responded by introducing a live, 12-foot python called George to the client.
Martin Brooks, the chief executive of Work Club, said the move clinched the account for his team.
Work Club will report to Heineken’s head office in Amsterdam and will be responsible for the brand’s digital, mobile and social content and platforms, as well heading its digital experiential efforts.
Maja Mikielska, the digital manager at Desperados, said: "We were impressed by the level of enthusiasm demonstrated during the pitch process and the attitude of the whole Work Club team towards the brand. They won our hearts and our minds"
A spokesman from AnalogFolk said: "We're proud of our relationship with Desperados and the numerous global initiatives we have created."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Midweight Packaging Designer - Top Design Agency - Farringdon Twist Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Account Director Twist Recruitment £45000.00 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits, City of London