Proximity shows off free cake for 'my John Lewis' card
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 31 October 2013 11:40AM
Proximity London is today launching John Lewis' first loyalty card, 'my John Lewis', with a campaign showcasing the rewards on offer including free tea and cake every month.
The loyalty scheme, managed in-house by the department store, rolls out nationally this week after a trial launch last year.
It offers rewards such as events, prize draws and food and drink, rather than the traditional points-based scheme used by many loyalty cards.
The launch creative from Proximity includes the design of the ‘my John Lewis’ card and point-of-sale posters.
One poster features hands wrapped around a cup of coffee above a plate of cake, with the tagline, "inviting you in". Another focuses on a photograph of a slice of cake with the line, "your vouchers", acknowledging the rewards-based approach of the card.
Proximity has also created a welcome pack for the scheme, leaflets and direct mail and emails. The agency picked up the John Lewis CRM account in May after a four-way pitch.
The "my John Lewis" card will tailor rewards to its customers' interests, using data, and marks a move by the retailer to encourage loyalty and gather more information on its shoppers.
The art director for the work was Jo Jenkins and the copywriter was Sally Skinner.
John Lewis trialled the reward scheme last year, following in the footsteps of sister brand Waitrose and rival retailers Tesco and Boots.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director Pitch Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, West Midlands
- Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, Birmingham
- Business Analyst - E-Commerce Pitch Consultants £30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, Gloucestershire
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, Birmingham
- Sales and Marketing Director Pitch Consultants £50000 - £80000 per annum + bonus, benefits, Warwickshire
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile