Gary Barlow meets the meerkats in Comparethemarket ad
Gary Barlow has teamed up with Comparethemarket.com's meerkat mascots in an ad campaign, ahead of the launch of the singer's latest album.
A 30-second teaser spot airs tonight on ITV during ‘Coronation Street’ and will be followed by a second ad later this month.
In the ad, Aleksandr Orlov – the fictional meerkat owner of Comparethemeerkat.com – approaches Barlow as he is running along the bank of Manchester’s Irwell River, and asks him to perform a song with his meerkat band at a 'Coronation Street' party.
Barlow agrees to the request, so long as Orlov stops following him.
Barlow’s appearance comes ahead of the release of his album called ‘Since I Saw You Last’, on 25 November.
Comparethemarket.com has sponsored 'Coronation Street' since 2012, when it signed a £30 million, three-year deal.
VCCP created the latest spot, which was written by Javier Romartinex, art directed by Stephen Misir, and directed by Darren Walsh through Passion Pictures. ZenithOptimedia handled the media buying and planning.
Barlow said: "Aleksandr approached me for an unusual request – watch this space to see happens."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior PPC Manager Direct Recruitment £27,000 -£33,000, London
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £35,000 - £39,000, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch