Omnicom reports 7% rise in pre-tax profit in Q2
Omnicom Group, home to BBDO, DDB Worldwide and Omnicom Media Group, has reported a 7 per cent rise in pre-tax profits to $514.7 million for the second quarter, on the back of recovering ad markets and strong organic growth.
Omnicom’s revenue for the quarter was up 6.4 per cent to $3,870.9 million, led by a 7.8 per cent rise in the US to $2,053.3 million and a 4.9 per cent lift in international revenue to $1,817.6 million.
Organic revenue – a measure excluding acquisitions, disposals and currency effects – grew 5.8 per cent. The strongest organic growth came from North America at 7.9 per cent, Latin America at 7.8 per cent and Asia Pacific at 5.1 per cent.
Advertising revenue across the portfolio was 10.5 per cent higher and the impact of foreign exchange rates increased revenue 0.7 per cent compared to the same period.
The results are notably better than Publicis Groupe’s second-quarter performance, with which a $35 billion merger was terminated in May 2014.
The Paris-based Publicis reported revenue down 1.5 per cent year on year and an increase of 0.5 per cent on an organic basis.
Omnicom’s results included a $1.8m pre-tax charge related to the abandoned Publicis deal, mainly composed of professional fees.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Executive or Marketing Manager air recruitment £28k-£35k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- B2B Lead Generation Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Out of Home Sales - Huge digital potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £75000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Planning Manager - Unique Opportunity! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, London
- Comms Manager - Top 5 global media agency - GAMING ACCOUNT Ultimate Asset £4000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign