Arif DurraniHead of Media
Latest Articles From This Author
- Noel Penzer, the managing director of AOL UK, is leaving the digital company to take up the new role of managing director of Time Out Europe.
- Omnicom's PHD has retained Sainsbury's £60 million media planning and buying business after a competitive pitch against Group M agencies Maxus and MediaCom, and Publicis Groupe's ZenithOptimedia.
- OMD UK has launched the Newsroom, a real-time insights and ideas team, as part of a series of initiatives.
- Carat is merging its Carat UK and Carat Global Management businesses to form one UK hub.
- Five years ago, a translucent coverwrap by J Walter Thompson enabled HSBC to make press history and commandeer the front and back pages of The Daily Telegraph for the first time in 155 years.
- The Direct Marketing Association has welcomed Government changes to the law today that promise to clampdown on cold callers and telesales.
- The Outdoor Media Centre (OMC), the industry body for the out-of-home (OOH) media sector, has appointed Alan Brydon, head of investment at Havas Media Group UK, as its chief executive.
- Magnetic, the new marketing body for magazines developed under the working name of Project Orange, will launch next month with Mark Cranmer as its chairman.
- Omnicom's OMD has been named the most-awarded media agency in the world, ahead of Publicis Groupe's Starcom MediaVest Group and its sister shop PHD, in The Gunn Report For Media 2014.
- The7stars has been awarded the £10 million media planning and buying account for the online bathroom retailer Victoria Plumb.
- Outdoor reported its strongest-ever performance in the final three months of 2014, helping the sector achieve a record £1 billion in revenue for the full year.
- Welcome, Magnetic - we've been expecting you. Finally, the UK's magazine sector has made a bold, collective step towards combating falling circulations, retreating ads and a generally bleak prognosis by launching the first marketing agency dedicated to promoting the industry.
- Telegraph Media Group (TMG) is boosting its branded content offering with a new creative commercial department called Spark, underpinned by data and analytics.
- Virgin Media has unveiled plans for a £3 billion investment in the UK's broadband digital infrastructure, called Project Lightning, and is set to take its services to 17 million premises by 2020.
- Last week's column on trust has clearly struck a nerve, with many agency leaders agreeing there needs to be better understanding between clients and agencies.
- The Premier League TV broadcast rights have been sold to Sky Sports and BT Sport for a record £5.136bn, beating all expectations for the live games during the 2016-19 seasons.
- Adconnection, the performance-driven media agency, has promoted client services director Nick Baum to managing director.
- Omnicom Media Group's, M2M, has won the media account for Homes for Britain's spring election campaign.
- Electronic Arts, the game publisher, has launched a review of its £80 million pan-European media planning and buying business.
- Royal Mail has kicked off a review of its £8 million media business, currently handled by Interpublic's UM London.
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Digital Project Manager AF Selection £28,000 - £34,000 + excellent benefits , Warwickshire
- Planner, Great London B2B Agency Direct Recruitment £60,000, London (Greater)
- Customer Marketing Manager Direct Recruitment £35,000-£40,000, Berkshire