Arif DurraniHead of Media
Latest Articles From This Author
- Denise Turner is leaving Havas Media Group after 14 years to become director of insight at Newsworks.
- Mail Advertising, the commercial operation for the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday, has merged its classified and display advertising sales teams under Rosemary Gorman as part of a group restructure.
- MediaCom has won the consolidating pitch for Mars' global media planning business, spanning 80 markets.
- Simon Rees is stepping down as chief executive of Digital Cinema Media (DCM) at the end of January, to be replaced by interim leader Karen Stacey.
- Television content meets a fundamental human need for group and familial bonding like no other media, and advertisers benefit from the strong engagement, according to new research.
- Carat has appointed Sally Silver, M4C's head of digital, to head up its government media team following the account's move into the Dentsu Aegis Network.
- The Radio Advertising Bureau (RAB) has launched an iPhone app called Aerials EarApp, designed to enable advertising creatives to produce "demo" radio ads on their smartphone.
- Alan Rusbridger will step down as editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media in the summer of 2015, ending 20 years as one of the UK's most influential and outspoken editorial leaders.
- Tablets, led by Apple's iPad, Samsung's Galaxy and Google's Nexus, are set to overtake laptops as the UK's most popular place to watch television and films after main TV sets, according to research from Thinkbox.
- ESI Media, home to the London Evening Standard, The Independent and London Live, has promoted head of TV, Kavita Veeramah Collins, to the role of sales director at London Live.
- ZenithOptimedia has forecast the UK's measured advertising expenditure increased 5 per cent in 2014, and is set to grow a further 6 per cent in 2015.
- Simon Poole, group sales director at ESI Media's London Live, is set to join Channel 5 in the new year as trading director.
- The popularity of content marketing could represent a threat to traditional advertising budgets, Arif Durrani finds.
- Amid all the leadership changes in the media this year, the one no-one saw coming was last week's abrupt exit of the effervescent Fru Hazlitt from ITV.
- Last week's departure of Fru Hazlitt, managing director of commercial, online and interactive at ITV, caught the industry and her own team by surprise.
- Times Newspapers, home of The Times and Sunday Times, has reported a profit of £1.7 million in its last financial year, its first in 13 years.
- Guardian Labs, the Guardian's in-house branded content division, has launched a pilot real-time content marketing campaign with Diageo for Baileys.
- It's awkward question time: What do Lewis Hamilton, President Obama and 1.3 per cent of the UK's advertising and media agency workforce have in common?
- The BBC has expanded plans to review its £5 million media account to include the planning and buying business for BBC Orchestras, BBC Worldwide, World Service and Global News.
- The Sun, News UK's tabloid, has reported its number of digital subscribers has more than doubled to almost 250,000, less than 15 months after erecting a paywall around its content.
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Digital Design Director Purple Consultancy £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Print Project Manager Purple Consultancy £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- UX Consultant Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Senior Paid Search Planner Buyer Ultimate Asset £25000 - £38000 per annum, City of London