Arif DurraniHead of Media
Latest Articles From This Author
- ITV's 'I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!' final was the highest-rating programme on TV last night, with a five minute peak audience of 11.9 million tuning in to watch Westlife star Kian Egan crowned 'King of the Jungle'.
- The unexpected revival and boom in television advertising in the second half of 2013 has been supported by new forecasts from ZenithOptimedia today.
- As the FT prepares to launch a single global edition, its deputy chief executive and global commercial chief tells Arif Durrani why the newspaper is as relevant as ever.
- By any measure, 2013 has failed to meet expectations. Following the once-in-a-lifetime highs of London 2012, this was tipped to be a rather uneventful 12 months.
- This week, Justin Stephenson, director of ad sales, A+E Networks UK, pitches, plots and plans, while thinking about exercise.
- Aegis Media's Vizeum has won the £10 million media planning and buying business for RSA's insurance brand MoreThan, previously held by Starcom MediaVest Group.
- Mark Middlemas, the director of marketing and business development at IPG's Mediabrands, is set to leave the agency group after 15 years for a new communications role at media data specialist Radium One.
- Much has been written already about Publicis Groupe's acquisition of Walker Media this week but, as is so often the way, many of those first drafts will require a rewrite.
- Bauer Media has hired the former Naked Communications global chief executive Richard Dunmall in the new role of managing director of advertising.
- More than 600 executives attended the Campaign Media Awards last week to celebrate the best commercial media campaigns and initiatives in what has been another whirlwind year for the industry.
- Mindshare has retained its long-standing international client Lufthansa after a global review believed to have involved Aegis Media's Carat and IPG's Mediabrands.
- ITV has landed a new deal with UEFA today to show highlights of Champions League and Europa League matches until 2018.
- It was in October 2009 when I answered the phone to Daren Rubins. The conversation started pleasantly enough, but soon descended. MEC had just been awarded Media Week's Agency of the Year, and the then managing director of PHD, raw with ambition and green with envy, wanted answers.
- PHD and Carat were among the big winners at the Campaign Media Awards last night.
- Marc Mendoza, the former chairman and chief executive of Havas Media, has returned to the fray with non-executive board roles at VCCP Media and Posterscope.
- Premier Foods has awarded Carat its £20 million media planning and buying business previously handled by Starcom MediaVest Group as part of a company wider review of all its suppliers.
- Am I the only person in the world who doesn't find Alan Carr funny? Apparently so. I've asked around and everyone seems to love him. So it was only me who found the last hour of Channel 4's upfronts event last week excruciatingly painful.
- Gravity Road has launched a standalone social video arm called Native Play to create and leverage content for brands on YouTube.
- Arena has won the £3 million media account for All Leisure Group after a pitch process against co- incumbent Carat Manchester.
- Mindshare has won the UK and Ireland media account for health and beauty AS Watson, which includes the media planning and buying for Superdrug and The Perfume Shop, from incumbent ZenithOptimedia.
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Producer - Commercial Projects Premier Media Up to £35,000, London
- Quantitative Researchers Lipton Fleming £20000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, London
- Qualitative Researchers Lipton Fleming £20000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Audience Insight Executive - Publishing Lipton Fleming £25000 per annum + benefits, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014