Maisie McCabeSenior Reporter
Maisie has been with Brand Republic Group since August 2008 and covers TV, radio, outdoor, cinema and regional media.
Maisie on Twitter: @MaisieMcCabe
Relevant experience: Work experience placements at The Guardian, The Independent on Sunday, Third Sector, Dazed and Confused, Olive and The Stool Pigeon in addition to freelancing for Time Out, NewStatesman.com and Dazed Digital. Maisie completed her postgraduate journalism diploma at City University in summer 2008.
Favourite ad: The Flat Eric ad for Levi’s Sta-Prest
Favourite track: It’s between Sister Nancy ‘Bam Bam’ and New Order ‘True Faith’.
One thing not a lot of people know about me: I’m a pretty open book…
If I wasn’t slaving away at Haymarket I’d be...? Researching seventeenth century political thought.
Latest Articles From This Author
- Wunderman, the WPP digital and direct agency, has bought FusePump, a London-based digital marketing company specialising in e-commerce retargeting.
- Exterion Media, the company previously known as CBS Outdoor, has hired Shaun Gregory, the managing director of advertising at Telefónica, as its chief executive.
- Kia, the Hyundai-owned car marque, is looking to develop CRM as a core part of its marketing strategy and is holding a review find its first retained CRM agency.
- Direct Line has appointed Saatchi & Saatchi to its £46 million advertising account, ending its relationship with M&C Saatchi.
- News Corp and 21st Century Fox, the companies formed from the former News Corporation, have promoted the brothers Lachlan and James Murdoch to new roles.
- Gravity Road, the content agency, has hired Joanna Osborn, the content business director at Bartle Bogle Hegarty London, in the new role of head of creative services.
- WPP has agreed to buy a majority stake in Cognifide, a digital technology consultancy with clients such as Skype and Virgin Media.
- Direct Line has appointed Saatchi & Saatchi to its £46 million ad account, ending its relationship with M&C Saatchi.
- Havas made pre-tax profits of €199 million (£166.1 million) for 2013, up 2.6 per cent year on year.
- HSBC and WaterAid have created an interactive water display in Canary Wharf that spells out supporters' names to celebrate World Water Day on Saturday 22 March.
- M&C Saatchi has reported pre-tax profit of £18.6 million in 2013, up 7.5 per cent year on year, after UK revenues increased by 13 per cent, led by "exceptional growth" from CRM and mobile.
- Lucky Generals, the start-up from Helen Calcraft, Andy Nairn and Danny Brooke-Taylor, has created an ad for the Labour Party ahead of today's Budget.
- Paddy Power's Oscar Pistorius ad has been banned for bringing advertising into disrepute, trivialising the sensitive issues around a murder trial and causing offence on the grounds of disability.
- OMD has lost the £600 million global media planning and buying business for Vodafone, which will move to either Group M or the Denstu Aegis Network.
- Wunderman has hired Steve Saul, a former social media producer on 'The X Factor', as its first social media production lead.
- Jaywing, the agency known as 20:20 Group until last year, has bought the search agency Epiphany in a £18 million deal.
- M&C Saatchi has vowed to vigorously defend itself against claims that an ad for HP sauce violated the copyright of the US photographer Jill Greenberg.
- Mark Cranmer, the chief executive of Isobar, is to leave the Dentsu Aegis Network at the end of June, after helping Jean Lin, the agency's Asia Pacific chief executive, settle into the global role.
- We Are Social, the social media agency, has hired Mobbie Nazir, the head of digital strategy at JWT, as its chief strategy officer, based in its London headquarters.
- McCain, the frozen-food manufacturer, has signed a two-year £8 million partnership with ITV's 'Emmerdale'.
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Director fishtank £40000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Somerset
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers