Ben has been with Brand Media since July 2011. He works as a wesite producer across all of the Brand Media sites.
Twitter name: @thebenhall
Relevant experience: Worked at Huddersfield Students’ Union creating video and interactive content for its web presences. Also completed work experience as a video producer at The Times. I’ve been creating content for the web since the age of 10 – not all of it was great, but the experience has stood me in good stead.
Favourite ad: The PEN Story - Olympus
One thing not a lot of people know about you: I once played Jafar in my school’s version of Aladdin. Versatile.
Latest Articles From This Author
- Sharing of branded video has increased 50-fold since 2006, with Unilever's Dove "real beauty sketches" experiencing close to a 70-fold increase on the brand's most shared ad in 2006 compared to 2013.
- Universal Pictures has risen through the viral chart to second place this week, while Jean-Claude van Damme's "epic split" for Volvo Trucks remains on top with 429,729 share.
- Volvo Trucks' ad starring Jean Claude Van Damme has bested John Lewis's Christmas ad this week after being shared almost two million times in the past seven days.
- John Lewis tops this week's viral chart with the only Christmas ad in the most-shared listings this week.
- More than 600 media and marketing executives will attend this year's Campaign Media Awards at the London Hilton next week.
- The Sainsbury's Christmas teaser ad, which launches in tonight's episode of 'Coronation Street', is already generating debate on Twitter.
- Tony Harris, the chief executive of BBDO Guerrero/Proximity Philippines, has set up a page to allow the London advertising industry to donate to the Red Cross following Typhoon Haiyan.
- John Lewis' 2013 Christmas ad was mentioned in almost 50,000 tweets in the first 24 hours after it was released online on Friday morning 8 November, over three times more than the retailer's ad got in 2011.
- Kindred has created the first work for the 'Great Britain' campaign, after being appointed by The Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) and UK Trade and Investment (UKTI).
- Crest and Oral-B, the dental hygiene brands, have turned Halloween into an unexpected marketing opportunity with an ad shared 181,350 times ahead of the confectioneryladen holiday.
- Take a look through a gallery of all the best pictures from this year's Big Awards, taken by Campaign's roving photographer, Colin Stout.
- Sony's latest games console, the PlayStation 4, has entered the chart this week ahead of its expected release in November.
- Sir John Hegarty has said agencies should take their own advice and act more like brands, in the latest installation of Campaign's Talking Inspiration series.
- MGM, the Hollywood studio, has shot to the top of the most-shared ad chart this week with an online video promoting its remake of the 1976 film, 'Carrie', starring Chloe Grace Moretz.
- GoPro, the camera manufacturer, tops the viral chart this week with a video of a fireman rescuing a kitten.
- Sir John Hegarty, the chair of this year's Campaign Big Awards, has said "tissue" meetings are counterproductive to making creative magic.
- Mercedes-Benz's light-hearted new ad featuring a chicken keeping its head still while its body is moved around, has entered the Campaign Viral Chart this week.
- True Move, the Thai mobile operator, tops this week's chart with an emotional ad that has been shared 701,396 times in the past seven days.
- Samsung's Galaxy Note 3 has bested this week's launch of the iPhone 5S and 5C devices, the former ranking seven places above the latter, according to video-sharing figures from Unruly.
- LG, the electronics manufacturer, has topped the viral chart this week with a hidden-camera video to promote its new 84-inch television.
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London