Ben has been with Brand Media since July 2011. He works as a wesite producer across all of the Brand Media sites.
Twitter name: @thebenhall
Relevant experience: Worked at Huddersfield Students’ Union creating video and interactive content for its web presences. Also completed work experience as a video producer at The Times. I’ve been creating content for the web since the age of 10 – not all of it was great, but the experience has stood me in good stead.
Favourite ad: The PEN Story - Olympus
One thing not a lot of people know about you: I once played Jafar in my school’s version of Aladdin. Versatile.
Latest Articles From This Author
- Wren Studio, the clothing brand, sits atop this week's viral chart with an awkwardly charming video that asks 20 strangers to kiss for the first time while being filmed.
- If you're not at South by Southwest and you've had trouble keeping up through social media, Campaign recaps and distils the weekend in tweets.
- Pepsi Max has bested rival Coca-Cola with a follow up to their hidden-camera "test drive" viral from 2013.
- Edeka, the German supermarket, has entered the viral chart three times this week with ads shared more than 270,000 times combined.
- The trailer for 'Gravity', the science-fiction 3D movie starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, has been viewed 15 million times more than its closest best picture Oscar competitor, 'The Wolf of Wall Street'.
- "Dumb ways to die" returned to the Campaign Viral Chart this week with a Valentine's ad for Metro Trains in Melbourne, after it was shared 160,000 times.
- An ad from the Canadian Institute for Diversity and Inclusion is the most-shared ad in the week that the Winter Olympic Games launched in Sochi.
- Sainsbury's, Tesco and Waitrose join Carphone Warehouse and Coppafeel, the breast cancer charity, with tactical ads positioned in today's newspapers.
- Advertising Week Europe has unveiled its ad campaign for 2014, featuring Sir John Hegarty, Boris Johnson and Lord Coe.
- Budweiser's schmaltzy "puppy love" ad has bested an ad featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger in this week's Super Bowl dominated viral ad chart.
- Budweiser's "puppy love" dominated social sharing of aired Super Bowl 2014 ads with more than a million shares.
- Skittles, Vogue, KFC and Tide were among the brands who contributed to the 24.9 million Super Bowl-themed tweets last night as the Seattle Seahawks claimed victory over the Denver Broncos.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, actor and former Governor of California, dons a dubious disguise in this week's most-shared ad to dispense health and fitness advice to members of a gym.
- Data is catching up with creativity in shaping campaigns, according to a report from Sky IQ that found only 40 per cent people said creativity was more important than data for a successful TV campaign.
- David Jones, the former chief executive of Havas group, has been included in The Sunday Times' list of most-influential Britons, alongside Sir Martin Sorrell, James Murphy and Ajaz Ahmed.
- The Super Bowl is always a big event for ads and teasers. Ahead of the game next Sunday 2 February, Campaign breaks down online sharing data to reveal the brands making the most of the event on YouTube.
- Twentieth Century Fox's bizarre hidden-camera ad for its 'Devil's Due' movie has topped this week's viral chart with more than one million shares this week alone.
- Group M caught up with Sir Martin Sorrell after a brief tour of this year's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
- Procter & Gamble, the FMCG giant, has topped the viral chart this week with an ad based around its sponsorship of the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics.
- With more than 400 days of video content streamed on the Campaign site this year, we take a look at the most popular campaigns from our Work section in 2013.
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Optimisation Manager (RTB) Digital Gurus £25000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager - Tesco Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + Car Allowance + Benefits, Weybridge
- Marketing Manager, Wokingham, up to £45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefits, Wokingham
- Account Manger - Marketing and Design Agency - Essex/Herts - £30k - NP072 Stonor £30k, West Essex
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push