Matthew ChapmanReporter Matthew has been with Brand Republic Group since September 2011 covering the retail, technology, gaming and utilities sectors.
Matthew on Twitter: @mattchapmanUK
Relevant experience: After the standard unpaid work experience at many different publications, I landed my first full-time reporter position at StrategyEye, a company that covers the digital media industry. After a few months learning the trade at StrategyEye, I moved on to Pitch, the agency-focused sister publication of Marketing Week. I spent a year in the role before making the move to Haymarket.
Favourite ad: Undoubtedly ‘More ties!’ by Just For Men, an inspiration for any jobseeker in these tough times we are living through.
Favourite track: Father and Son by Cat Stevens.
One thing not a lot of people know about me: I used to have a rather unhealthy obsession with Neighbours (the Australian soap opera), which led me to set up a Neighbours appreciation society at university. I’m over it now.
If I wasn’t slaving away at Haymarket I’d be...? Setting up a chain of boutique hotels around the world, mainly so I can permanently travel.
- Creative Designer fishtank £30000 - £34000 per annum, Cambridge
- Marketing and Communications Manager Ninesharp Negotiable, Preston
- Social Media and Community Manager Adam Recruitment Negotiable, Chester
- Senior Digital Strategist, Top London Agency Direct Recruitment £50,000, London (Greater)
- Java & PHP Software Engineer @ Video Streaming Tech Start-up Digital Gurus £40000 - £65000 Per Annum Benefits + Bonus, Central London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham