Matthew ChapmanReporter Matthew has been with Brand Republic Group since September 2011 covering the retail, technology, gaming and utilities sectors.
Matthew on Twitter: @mattchapmanUK
Relevant experience: After the standard unpaid work experience at many different publications, I landed my first full-time reporter position at StrategyEye, a company that covers the digital media industry. After a few months learning the trade at StrategyEye, I moved on to Pitch, the agency-focused sister publication of Marketing Week. I spent a year in the role before making the move to Haymarket.
Favourite ad: Undoubtedly ‘More ties!’ by Just For Men, an inspiration for any jobseeker in these tough times we are living through.
Favourite track: Father and Son by Cat Stevens.
One thing not a lot of people know about me: I used to have a rather unhealthy obsession with Neighbours (the Australian soap opera), which led me to set up a Neighbours appreciation society at university. I’m over it now.
If I wasn’t slaving away at Haymarket I’d be...? Setting up a chain of boutique hotels around the world, mainly so I can permanently travel.
- Digital Account Manager - Brand Accounts!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + c/a, South East England
- Senior Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + car or c/a, London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham