Matthew ChapmanReporter Matthew has been with Brand Republic Group since September 2011 covering the retail, technology, gaming and utilities sectors.
Matthew on Twitter: @mattchapmanUK
Relevant experience: After the standard unpaid work experience at many different publications, I landed my first full-time reporter position at StrategyEye, a company that covers the digital media industry. After a few months learning the trade at StrategyEye, I moved on to Pitch, the agency-focused sister publication of Marketing Week. I spent a year in the role before making the move to Haymarket.
Favourite ad: Undoubtedly ‘More ties!’ by Just For Men, an inspiration for any jobseeker in these tough times we are living through.
Favourite track: Father and Son by Cat Stevens.
One thing not a lot of people know about me: I used to have a rather unhealthy obsession with Neighbours (the Australian soap opera), which led me to set up a Neighbours appreciation society at university. I’m over it now.
If I wasn’t slaving away at Haymarket I’d be...? Setting up a chain of boutique hotels around the world, mainly so I can permanently travel.
- Account Director Stopgap £43000 - £46000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £23,000 p.a., South East England
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- European SBM Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £27,000 p.a., South East England
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy