Matthew ChapmanReporter Matthew has been with Brand Republic Group since September 2011 covering the retail, technology, gaming and utilities sectors.
Matthew on Twitter: @mattchapmanUK
Relevant experience: After the standard unpaid work experience at many different publications, I landed my first full-time reporter position at StrategyEye, a company that covers the digital media industry. After a few months learning the trade at StrategyEye, I moved on to Pitch, the agency-focused sister publication of Marketing Week. I spent a year in the role before making the move to Haymarket.
Favourite ad: Undoubtedly ‘More ties!’ by Just For Men, an inspiration for any jobseeker in these tough times we are living through.
Favourite track: Father and Son by Cat Stevens.
One thing not a lot of people know about me: I used to have a rather unhealthy obsession with Neighbours (the Australian soap opera), which led me to set up a Neighbours appreciation society at university. I’m over it now.
If I wasn’t slaving away at Haymarket I’d be...? Setting up a chain of boutique hotels around the world, mainly so I can permanently travel.
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- CRM & Social Media Manager | £50k | Leisure/Travel Salt £45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus & bens, Nottinghamshire
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £100,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- McDonald's marks 40 years with charity ad
- Radio Times: 50 years of Doctor Who covers