Latest Articles From This Author
- It's nearly Christmas, so time for the traditional positive missive - but, in this instance, I genuinely think it's warranted.
- Barclays is conducting a review of all of its agency relationships in a process managed by Oystercatchers.
- Flybe, the budget airline, has called a review of its estimated £7 million ad account.
- Havas Worldwide London has hired Leo Burnett's head of account management, Emily Somers, as its first managing director.
- DLKW Lowe has launched a digital offering called Lowe Epic, with Burger King as its first client.
- If it were just a coincidence that Joint London chose to launch the "new" TSB with the tale of its benevolent philanthropist founder, the Reverend Henry Duncan, in an ad called "the story", it now looks a rather ironic and poignant one in the light of the Co-operative Bank scandal.
- Ofgem, the electricity and gas regulator, is holding a pitch through the Government Procurement Service for an advertising agency.
- Mattel, the toymaker, has split with Ogilvy & Mather after half a century and has handed its European ad account to Lola.
- JWT London has hired Rob Welch and Naz Nazli from WCRS as a senior creative team.
- Grey Possible, the digital division of Grey London, has hired Hypernaked's Bhavin Pabari and Matt Kemp from Poke, as senior digital strategist and digital strategist respectively.
- Paul Brazier's decision to stand aside and take on a chief creative officer and chairman role at Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO came a little too late to save Thiago de Moraes. The head of creative innovation quit for Droga5 in September, having found that his head was bumping along a glass ceiling etched with an intaglio of Brazier.
- Santander has shifted its £27 million UK advertising account out of Havas Worldwide London and back into WCRS without a pitch.
- Havas Worldwide London has ended a six-month search for a new executive creative director by hiring the Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO creative partner Mark Fairbanks.
- Ooredoo, the Qatar-based telecoms company, is looking for an agency to handle its global ad account.
- Jon Wilkins, a co-founder and the chairman of Naked Communications, has resigned from the agency.
- Lucky Generals has won the advertising account for the ethical electricity supplier Good Energy following a four-way competitive pitch run by AAR.
- There's a certain neatness to the fact that Adam & Eve/DDB has teamed up with the producers of The Plane Crash, coming just a few days after Carat was responsible for producing what must be one of the biggest car crashes with its own content efforts.
- Havas Worldwide London has won the pan-European advertising account for the frozen food brand Birds Eye Iglo after a competitive pitch.
- As has been mentioned before, the season of mellow fruitfulness is also the time when Campaign starts to look back on the year to date - the creative highlights, the people news, the new-business efforts and the other "big" news that went some way to defining what 2013 meant for the advertising and media industry.
- Fortunately, questions of morality (payday loan companies aside) are not ones that agencies face with regularity given how tightly regulated the industry is and that it is run largely by ethically responsible people.
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Designer Major Players £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Press Officer Pitch Consultants £24000 - £27000 per annum, Surrey
- Director of Innovation EMR £550 per day, City of London
- Midmarket Segment Program Manager EMEA EMR negotiable, London